Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
So both 10 & UTV just run a desert course together at the same time? If so that’s lame! The rock sections is what makes this KOTH and not just another desert race.

And after the poor showing in the TT class last year, I hoped they would drop the TT’s add class 11 like they did and increase the prize money for the UTV class, and other KOTH classes. Also make the KOTM bikes more of a premier event. Make the moto race more like the Erzburg Rodeo Moto race or one of those Red Bull races. Call it the toughest Moto race in North America.

Dude. Are you lost?? Have you ever been to KOH?? This year no Motos could even complete the whole coarse. It was super intense. & for the desert racers, like TT’s last couple years, the courses are brutal!!! Go to the mint & go rah rah rah. Git outta here.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
This is gonna be the most epic week of offroad racing in the history of the world!
I mean this is gonna blow away the Oklahoma land rush start of 1889 for Conestoga wagons which was the previous all time greatest offroad race.
I’m seriously STOKED!

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
It’s absolutely crazy to me, even after 25 years in this that there is seriously zero way to make the majority happy, at least online. Dave could offer Gold bars to everyone and half of you would bitch about the color.

This event has gotten so big that most of the promoters have figured out that competing with it is pointless and are moving their events further away. In some cases event sponsors, or the contingency traveling circus have asked to have other events moved so that they can serve this single biggest off road event in the country.

Dave I am simply impressed at your ability to continue to re-invent new parts of your series and events constantly.

I heard a race promoter say once that it should never be about the numbers of entries at the end of the day. That it should be about the quality of entries to have a truly memorable event.

It isn’t always about money from entry fees that dictate a race direction. Sure 40 TT is fun to watch but out of those 40, there are 10-15 in a class of their own that elevate a the class and truly make it fun for a fan like me to watch.

Nice work Dave.

Tube ride

Reaction
30 to 40,000 of us can’t wait....Are we to believe the state of commiefornia is going to allow this kind of spectating in a few months?
FF25377E-8FF8-45E3-BFB2-B7EB55D82843.jpeg

tapeworm

Reaction
@Dave Cole 4454

Great to see someone bringing innovation to off road and breaking through the stagnant nature that SCORE and BITD have become. The fact that you peruse through the shadows and weed through the internet sludge to find out what racers want is awesome.

Class 10 vs UTV on a desert course is exactly what all the internet goons have been squawking about for years. “If so and so UTV would have entered in class 1 they would have been 3rd in class at such and such event” will finally be put to bed.

Class 1 vs TT spec will finally show people which cars are actually faster with some good money up for grabs.

The class 11 showdown is amazing. No one has put up that type of money for class 11 at a single race in a really long time. Only problem is the course might not be big enough for all the entries you will end up with.

One question: how about an added bonus and team entry option.

One entry per race, finishing position (overall from each event) for a golf style score to crown a winning team of the weekend. It’ll add to teams still having to push to finish the races for the team scoring and might make racing continue for the entire event instead of everyone just going for the win and dropping out once they know it’s out of their grasp.

nohandslance

Reaction
Who is Dave Cole.? He is one hell of a race director, Promotor. I think he is some kind of Mythical figure (like a unicorn). Anybody that can spark up a conversation about Class 11 in a world of High HP is one awesome individual. I'm going to just to see the Bug's. Great work.....

Lance

ht racing

Reaction
the ones that bitch the most do not even race. if its a grudge match between utv and 10 lets hope its full bump and smash if so i am in!

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
30 to 40,000 of us can’t wait....Are we to believe the state of commiefornia is going to allow this kind of spectating in a few months? View attachment 219819

I will post up our Covid Mitigation plan this afternoon. Also have a plan to pay more purse based on class size (Spec TT guys are backpedaling on their ability to beat a Class 1 guy ;) )

MTPyle

Reaction
I don’t think a top level T2 can Beat a top level B1. Granted most of the Buggies will break or crash but you get enough of them and it’s like sperm. Only takes one to be lucky and get by. Haha

unlimited power should beat limited power any day. I would put my money on Kyle in a T2 over a average B1 but 2 class 1 buggies beat Kyle’s In his spec truck at BWDC. Most races the top B1 has beat the T2

4 class 1 beat the fastest 6100 Griffith at V2R

we have passed some Class one and some of them are not fast but some are crazy fast if they can stay together.

And then there is the Ultra4. It’s their backyard and they have unlimited power so they are fast and should beat T2.

Not sure why a B1 or unlimited power of any kind would be proud of beating a spec truck but I guess that’s why there are bullies in grade school. Just makes them feel good to beat the weaker guy. Haha.

Mike

mostly just trying to start crap talk. Haha.

stephenrjking

Reaction
Basically agree with ndvalium. People are going to complain just to complain. But they’re a minority.

I’m sure most people are happy about added events to race in with lots of fans and big purses.

And the pertinent question is, who does this hurt? Maybe a few guys don’t go to San Felipe. Maybe a few guys skip a BITD race. But if this draws more people with vehicles to throw their hat in the ring, it might draw teams to run seasons that might otherwise not bother. MTPyle is for sure doing it, which might make the difference between him soldiering on and folding his program—and then if he runs a couple BITD races next year, there’s a good chance this increases truck counts there instead of the opposite.

It’s not like Dave is trying to kill other series. He’s not the one who moved San Felipe. He drives Baja. And he freely builds a series date into the Crandon weekend where he knows perfectly well his cars will not be the most important event. But it grows the sport on both sides. It’s good for everyone.

The more people running in races the better. The more people that watch more off road races the better.

fastfelix

Reaction
We’ve been going to koh for over 10 years. (Kids have always been sick a few days that week). Haha. Grateful for what Dave’s doing. Can’t wait to line up in our class 11 at koh to get some! Guarantee won’t be a fender left on our car or probably anybody’s for that matter! I like the added classes. The few complaints is minimal to all of us who are excited

cwarren

Reaction
I don’t think a top level T2 can Beat a top level B1. Granted most of the Buggies will break or crash but you get enough of them and it’s like sperm. Only takes one to be lucky and get by. Haha

unlimited power should beat limited power any day. I would put my money on Kyle in a T2 over a average B1 but 2 class 1 buggies beat Kyle’s In his spec truck at BWDC. Most races the top B1 has beat the T2

4 class 1 beat the fastest 6100 Griffith at V2R

we have passed some Class one and some of them are not fast but some are crazy fast if they can stay together.

And then there is the Ultra4. It’s their backyard and they have unlimited power so they are fast and should beat T2.

Not sure why a B1 or unlimited power of any kind would be proud of beating a spec truck but I guess that’s why there are bullies in grade school. Just makes them feel good to beat the weaker guy. Haha.

Mike

mostly just trying to start crap talk. Haha.

Some of those lucky sperm buggies might even make it through the first turn! Haha

MTPyle

Reaction
Cwarren

haha seriously. That’s our first goal of the next race, get around first corner without crashing. Hehe.

Mike