Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

Slippery P

Reaction
Verizon and T-mobile will have service everywhere, AT&T you are screwed.

450grl

Reaction
Verizon gets random coverage all over KOH. Hopefully AT&T has gotten better, because I tried it a couple of years ago and lost coverage almost as soon as I left Yucca Valley.

ekozy39

Reaction
1610320915007.png

Numbers for T1+ seem low, do they get a late push after Parker? Definitely expected more C11.

MTPyle

Reaction
I would not count on cell service during the event. Just because there is service now does not mean there will be service when there are 70k people in the area on the same towers.

Mike

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
One of our traditions. We lost one of our closest friends and leaders a few years ago. Shon Wilson was a racer, a leader, and my best friend.

Since we survey out Hammertown each year, Shon's toyhauler was the keystone to our staff trailer jenga stack. After he passed we made a little courtyard where his trailer was parked....Its official, we are making this event happen!

Side note the Ford tailgate bench was an auction item for a Checkers Offroad Club event that I was honored to be able.to attend....Shon was a Ford diehard and it was a no brainer that the bench would anchor our Memorial for years to come.

See you on the lakebed.

Dave

Attachments

• 20210112_162358.jpg
    20210112_162358.jpg
    997.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 20210112_162501.jpg
    20210112_162501.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 217

y2kbaja

Reaction
One of our traditions. We lost one of our closest friends and leaders a few years ago. Shon Wilson was a racer, a leader, and my best friend.

Since we survey out Hammertown each year, Shon's toyhauler was the keystone to our staff trailer jenga stack. After he passed we made a little courtyard where his trailer was parked....Its official, we are making this event happen!

Side note the Ford tailgate bench was an auction item for a Checkers Offroad Club event that I was honored to be able.to attend....Shon was a Ford diehard and it was a no brainer that the bench would anchor our Memorial for years to come.

See you on the lakebed.

Dave
That's pretty cool. Great tribute.

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
Verizon gets random coverage all over KOH. Hopefully AT&T has gotten better, because I tried it a couple of years ago and lost coverage almost as soon as I left Yucca Valley.

My AT&T phone is spotty all over the lakebed & hammers area. I can usually walk around camp & find somewhere to get it to work.

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
As a spectator, I will be purchasing a gen admission wristband. Do I need a Covid test if I don’t go in to the Hammertown area where the pits & everything is?

MTPyle

Reaction
We spent a couple days down in Johnson Valley on our bikes getting used to the area. We had never been.

The area is amazing and so diverse. Was more rough than we expected. I had watched all the videos from the last two T1 races and it didn’t look bad but in person those obstacles are way bigger. Haha. it’s going to be a fun but challenging desert course. Can’t wait.

Got to spend some time with Dave and his crew. Wow what a program and top notch crew. Tons of super cool hard working peeps just making stuff happen. They are kicking butt and getting stuff done. I will be honest I was not 100% sold on the event happening but after seeing Dave and his people working so hard to get ready I know they are 100% in. There is no doubt in that camp that it’s happening.

we learned a lot while down there. I am too old for dirt bikes, the rock climbs are no joke, Dave loves giving people poop, and I wish we lived closer to JV.

Now back to work on the truck.

Mike

32hshoup

Reaction
ULTRA 4 /KOH Team can you explain how the at home test work for results.
We ordered them yesterday.
When we get them do we do them immediately and send them back and you will be notified of results or will we?
Do we bring those said results with us or are they documented to KOH?
Do we wait 7 days prior to our arrival to KOH to do the test and send in or if we do the home test now is it valid until we arrive.

We dont want to do the at home test too early or too late.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Cody Waggoner of Laser Town took PAB and some of us on a little ”walk” up and down Kings Graveyard To look at the lines. Lol. Lines. The pictures don’t capture how steep it is, how big the rocks are, or how tight the squeeze spots are. Somehow Cody has driven up it. watching ultr4 cars go down is gonna be nuts. I did run it in my Raptor though cause their ain’t nuthin a raptor can’t do.

Attachments

• 411772C0-B8F4-45E7-BCC2-BA56992C3F6F.jpeg
    411772C0-B8F4-45E7-BCC2-BA56992C3F6F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • 59185059-281E-4A57-B355-6C1B21E6A9CC.jpeg
    59185059-281E-4A57-B355-6C1B21E6A9CC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
  • 61D143F5-B21C-467C-94DA-07409A4E3F98.jpeg
    61D143F5-B21C-467C-94DA-07409A4E3F98.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 151
  • 9C1593A3-2AEB-430D-9B34-AB2442A56547.jpeg
    9C1593A3-2AEB-430D-9B34-AB2442A56547.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173

51rcr

Reaction
Is that the case for AT&T too? Didnt go to KOH last year, but before that I could only get reception at Cell Phone Bush
out of town to the west where desert loops intersect on a ridge i have had it and to the north by the edge of the base by desert i have had it also. AT&t thats why i was asking about the pit also since i have never been to that spot.

stephenrjking

Reaction
Cody Waggoner of Laser Town took PAB and some of us on a little ”walk” up and down Kings Graveyard To look at the lines. Lol. Lines. The pictures don’t capture how steep it is, how big the rocks are, or how tight the squeeze spots are. Somehow Cody has driven up it. watching ultr4 cars go down is gonna be nuts. I did run it in my Raptor though cause their ain’t nuthin a raptor can’t do.
Is that first picture as near-impassable as it looks?

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Is that first picture as near-impassable as it looks?
Yes, the first big flat rock in front of the second rocks is about 4 feet tall. I stood next to it to get an idea for myself. Cody Waggoner went up the trail in his rear steer rock crawler and says about 20 people have made it up over the last 4 years or so. Fortunately the Ultra4 guys are going down it. It’s still going to be a dream crusher.
FYI. Going Up the trail name is “dead blow”. Going down it’s name is “the kings graveyard”