Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
In this pic the waterfall is about 12 feet and nearly vertical. coming down there is a huge rock above the waterfall out of frame you have to squeeze by which means you make a sharp right into the waterfall. Basically turning right as sharp as possible while falling down the waterfall. It‘ll be a killer.

Attachments

• 08E562AC-1000-4750-9CFE-652443059A0D.jpeg
    08E562AC-1000-4750-9CFE-652443059A0D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 212

Slippery P

Reaction
We spent a couple days down in Johnson Valley on our bikes getting used to the area. We had never been.

The area is amazing and so diverse. Was more rough than we expected. I had watched all the videos from the last two T1 races and it didn’t look bad but in person those obstacles are way bigger. Haha. it’s going to be a fun but challenging desert course. Can’t wait.

Got to spend some time with Dave and his crew. Wow what a program and top notch crew. Tons of super cool hard working peeps just making stuff happen. They are kicking butt and getting stuff done. I will be honest I was not 100% sold on the event happening but after seeing Dave and his people working so hard to get ready I know they are 100% in. There is no doubt in that camp that it’s happening.

we learned a lot while down there. I am too old for dirt bikes, the rock climbs are no joke, Dave loves giving people poop, and I wish we lived closer to JV.

Now back to work on the truck.

Mike
The area is horrible nobody should ever go there tell your friends. What ever you do don’t ever go exploring on the other side of hwy 247 even more terrible over there. 😂

MTPyle

Reaction
In this pic the waterfall is about 12 feet and nearly vertical. coming down there is a huge rock above the waterfall out of frame you have to squeeze by which means you make a sharp right into the waterfall. Basically turning right as sharp as possible while falling down the waterfall. It‘ll be a killer.

Nimrod,

Bummer I didn't get a chance to meet you in person. I was there at Daves when all you bikes were heading out. Cameron invited us to ride along on our dirt bikes but there was no way I was doing those trails. The desert course was hard enough for me. LOL

Mike

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Nimrod,

Bummer I didn't get a chance to meet you in person. I was there at Daves when all you bikes were heading out. Cameron invited us to ride along on our dirt bikes but there was no way I was doing those trails. The desert course was hard enough for me. LOL

Mike
Oh man would’ve been rad to meet you. I’m the old guy that doesn’t ride motos. I‘m a confirmed 4 wheel cage kinda guy. Any trail is too hard for me on a moto. 😳

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
ULTRA 4 /KOH Team can you explain how the at home test work for results.
We ordered them yesterday.
When we get them do we do them immediately and send them back and you will be notified of results or will we?
Do we bring those said results with us or are they documented to KOH?
Do we wait 7 days prior to our arrival to KOH to do the test and send in or if we do the home test now is it valid until we arrive.

We dont want to do the at home test too early or too late.

I was messaging Alan about this last week and this is what he said. I'm sure he or Dave can expand more on this. "The at home test is a rapid test that is administered by a Telehealth professional from MedNext. They ship the test (takes a day or two), schedule a time with you to do it over the phone with them, then you upload results via MedNext."

mxben

Reaction
We spent a couple days down in Johnson Valley on our bikes getting used to the area. We had never been.

The area is amazing and so diverse. Was more rough than we expected. I had watched all the videos from the last two T1 races and it didn’t look bad but in person those obstacles are way bigger. Haha. it’s going to be a fun but challenging desert course. Can’t wait.

Got to spend some time with Dave and his crew. Wow what a program and top notch crew. Tons of super cool hard working peeps just making stuff happen. They are kicking butt and getting stuff done. I will be honest I was not 100% sold on the event happening but after seeing Dave and his people working so hard to get ready I know they are 100% in. There is no doubt in that camp that it’s happening.

we learned a lot while down there. I am too old for dirt bikes, the rock climbs are no joke, Dave loves giving people poop, and I wish we lived closer to JV.

Now back to work on the truck.

Mike

Tough climbs on the desert course?

MTPyle

Reaction
There are a couple tough climbs but most have bypasses. I think there is really only one hard climb that you can not bypass.

Not sure what the course will be. we ran last years course.

Mike

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I was messaging Alan about this last week and this is what he said. I'm sure he or Dave can expand more on this. "The at home test is a rapid test that is administered by a Telehealth professional from MedNext. They ship the test (takes a day or two), schedule a time with you to do it over the phone with them, then you upload results via MedNext."

Also, if anyone has tested positive recently, 14+ days out from going to KOH you do not need to get tested again. Bring your positive test results showing that you had it already.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
In case you don't see the new thread for this. Big news!

Riverguy553

Reaction
Can anyone tell me how many pits they have besides main and where are they located? Also race mileage and Laps?

also for an outlining pit is COVID testing required or is it open to all?

brad inch

Reaction
so are all the races pay to view,or will there be free viewing like last year.how much and where do you sign up? last year the coverage was cool .
thanks brad