Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

cwarren

Reaction
I'm sure this has been gone over but I can't seem to find where to order the Covid testing kits. Link on the website for Covid faq's says page not found. Also any approximate mileage for qualifying or time between each car for it? Thanks!

R_LLEWELLYN

Reaction
Did my co driver registration online today (85$). It never asked for what classes to register or add the covid test. Did I miss a step somewhere?

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
Kind of off topic but... @Dave Cole 4454 do you see a change in the future to divide the KOH UTV class to make it two classes such as a modified and Stock class kind of like EMC and 4400? I ask this because I see guys like the Cambells building full tube chassis "SXS". I'm also aware of your dislike of "golf carts" so I wouldn't be surprised if you could care less. However with over 100 entries I'd imagine you'd like to keep them coming back...lol

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
I havent called them Golf Carts in a LONG time. And back then, they were...

Campbells race stock rzr chassis. The only tube chassis that have raced have not done well. I dont believe a full tube car has even sniffed the podium, but could be wrong.

And that is the reason I dont think about changing/adding UTV Classes.

If it aint broke....

BigBlue&Goldie

Reaction
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but we want to make sure our ducks are in a row when we show up......

-Crew and Spectators can show up and pay an additional $20 for the required (to get into Hammertown/pits) COVID test at the gate? I seem to recall somewhere in this thread it was going to be ~$60.

I don't envy you guys for having to throw this crap into the mix for an already complex event.

alanzona

Reaction
Will there be an updated qualifying list based on current entrees? I scoped the site but its just the one from the 6th.

What?!?! That's half the fun (guessing the details).

Just kidding. I will be updating the qualifying list tonight since online registration is now closed.

That being said, I'm double digits of late registrations today (which is AWESOME, reach out to me if you still want to race), so I will update every couple of days going forward.

See you soon Nick!

Steve0

Reaction
Ok, I know everyone is tired of the covid test stuff, but I want to be clear. I heard Dave say on the live show and think I read it somewhere to show up with a negative test result not more than 7 days old but I didn't see the 7 day time frame here:

I just want to make sure if I show up with a 7 day or less negative test (and not showing symptoms), that is going to be good enough.

Thanks for all your doing guys and gals.

alanzona

Reaction
Ok, I know everyone is tired of the covid test stuff, but I want to be clear. I heard Dave say on the live show and think I read it somewhere to show up with a negative test result not more than 7 days old but I didn't see the 7 day time frame here:

I just want to make sure if I show up with a 7 day or less negative test (and not showing symptoms), that is going to be good enough.

Thanks for all your doing guys and gals.

Correct. Have a negative covid test that is 7 days old or LESS and you're good to go. You will also get a temp check and have to sign a health disclaimer that you are symptom free.

Oh, and bring beer for the staff. I believe that's a new requirement for this year. I might be wrong though.