Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

Tube ride

Reaction
IMG_20210126_063950848.jpglot of fresh snow in the Mojave desert this morning

Bro_Gill

Reaction
1) I am assuming Class 11 does not qualify correct?
2) When does Class 11 do tech inspection?
3) When does Class 11 check in at the race?
I need to know the times and day if possible. I have some extenuating circumstances on too of the problem I might have getting over the Tehachapi or Grapevine.
Why would you go over the Grapevine? You would go over one hill only to have to climb another. Tehachapi will be a better drive simply because it is lower, Caltrans does a better job keeping it clear, and once over you have no more hills all the way to Hammer Town.

DirtDgr

Reaction
Why would you go over the Grapevine? You would go over one hill only to have to climb another. Tehachapi will be a better drive simply because it is lower, Caltrans does a better job keeping it clear, and once over you have no more hills all the way to Hammer Town.
I would only attempt the Grapevine if Tehachapi was closed and Grapevine open which is highly unlikely. I always go over through Tehachapi. I will be headed to Barstow tomorrow. Be passing over Tehachapi in the early evening if possible? Really worried it will be closed when I get there.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
My weather genie tells me that Wednesday's storms will be isolated and fairly light, but that storm opens the door for the Atmospheric River that will hammer northern and central California and move southward Thursday. Good news is the snow levels will be back up above 5,000 feet, meaning I am only suppose to get another 2 feet. The bad news is you guys are on a lake bed below 5,000 feet and there is suppose to be a lot of rain!

450grl

Reaction
I've been trying to register our crew members online for almost a week - the link is broken or I can't access the page - is registration for crew members closed online? Does everyone need to get registered now at the gate? TIA

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Yes, onsite only now. Gate is open 24 hours.

We have a direct forecast for Hammertown and our comms towers twice a day. Looking like a 53% chance of half an inch of rain Thursday.

Things are looking up!

Im pivoting in my head from 'survival' to making it the best event to date :)

450grl

Reaction
Yes, onsite only now. Gate is open 24 hours.

We have a direct forecast for Hammertown and our comms towers twice a day. Looking like a 53% chance of half an inch of rain Thursday.

Things are looking up!

Im pivoting in my head from 'survival' to making it the best event to date :)
Thank you Dave! Should be an AMAZING event - we are all looking forward to it!