Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Dave, I commend your and your teams' patience with all these questions. Even when the event is at the brink of kicking off, you still take the time to answer the questions already answered 3-4 times over. I know its exhausting, its exhausting just keeping up with this thread. We know you know this already, but you kick ass!

Bricoop

Reaction
Does anyone know the differences between the regular stream and the PPV? I plan to buy the PPV as I hope a succesful proof of concept will push other series to do a live broadcast, just wondering what comes with it.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
I believe it gives you the ability to select which camera you are viewing rather than being at the mercy of what the producers want to show at the time.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
I usually get really fast LTE at the top of Jack if anyone wants to make the hike with me.
Nothing is that important for me to make that hike for better phone service...lol

y2kbaja

Reaction
My third year in a row watching from home. The live coverage has been the best only maybe 2nd to a 24 hour LeMans or Daytona. They focus on the action. Last year watching Gomez come in trying for the win and breaking an arm. The year the Campbells went at it coming down back door with Shannon blowing a tire. I can't wait for this year. If I have to buy the PPV I will but hope the free is as good as it's been. I hate commercials but it's the only chance for a T100 potty break.

mxben

Reaction
Does anybody have security concerns for teams camping outside of Hammertown?
Dump cans, spare tires, THE RACE CAR?

Whats the scene like? NO probs or what?

Borracho Cantina

Reaction
Does anybody have security concerns for teams camping outside of Hammertown?
Dump cans, spare tires, THE RACE CAR?

Whats the scene like? NO probs or what?

We have been camping for this race 7 years in a row. Close to Hammertown. Never had an issue or seen any issues. Never see any tweekers. Just run a lock through stuff at night, or if you leave camp. We never even do that. But just to be extra safe. Cheers, & good luck in the race!

ONE_RJ

Reaction
Beware there's always some ass looking to steal your stuff. I had a friends brand new UTV stolen in front of my eyes at the media center area inside Hammertown. I had the keys in my pocket turned away from it for less then 5 minutes to respect the National Anthem being sung , came out of the tent and it was gone. Luckily we were able to get security to lock down the gates , post on FB quickly and announced it on the PA system. John Bitting actually found it by his booth an hour later. Lucky it didn’t get outside the gate or would have been gone. Thankfully our helmets and gear were left behind also. Lock and guard everything you don’t want stolen! Hard to believe but some people are there to steal whatever they can.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
There are tons of tweakers in Lucerne Valley. It's unfortunate but true. Almost every weekend, someone's UTV is stolen out there. Live your life accordingly. No different than leaving your hoopty ride unlocked in Compton.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Got any of those maps?

91BRHNI.gif

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
FYI, the map is a total mess on the OnX app. I hope they get it sorted out.

EDIT: Not that messy but hard to differentiate the KOH course from the Desert Challenge Course.

Last edited: