Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

MikeLeung

Reaction
I actually think it would be good for Class 1 to allow solid axle rears back in. How many old TT out their setting because they don’t want to race against million dollar truck efforts anymore.
Is it actually a truggy if its already rear engined. Convert it Glen, you're already half-way there.

Glen Greer

Reaction
Is it actually a truggy if its already rear engined. Convert it Glen, you're already half-way there.
Mike been looking for an albins ST6 to put In instead of turbo 400. Problem is weddle won’t set one up for passenger side exit . Was trying to eliminate the v drive and sort drive line. So I have to change rear end Instead and use the albins like Gordon’s and run shaft out drivers side. Been looking for that used haven’t found yet. Will see how it goes.

offroadracer516

Reaction
Score and BITD legal are ok???? Disk brakes,Close ratio gears??? These are not the same cars. Idk who thought it was a good idea to let anything that looks like a class 11 race this event but these cars are not the same. Its like racing 12 cars against 1600's. Or 1600 against class 9. Should be SNORE and MORE class 11 legal only. There is a reason score cars can't just show up and race snore right now. Because they are not legal and would have a massive advantage from the start line. What is the deal Dave??? Gone from super excited to staying home if these rules stand.

Last edited:

dezertthing

Reaction
Score and BITD legal are ok???? Disk brakes,Close ratio gears??? These are not the same cars. Idk who thought it was a good idea to let anything that looks like a class 11 race this event but these cars are not the same. Its like racing 12 cars against 1600's. Or 1600 against class 9. Should be SNORE and MORE class 11 legal only. There is a reason score cars can't just show up and race snore right now. Because they are not legal and would have a massive advantage from the start line. What is the deal Dave??? Gone from super excited to staying home if these rules stand.
I totally agree Jeremy. I just drove a SCORE 11 and that gearbox makes the car flat out haul the mail. If I have to compete against SCORE 11's, I won't be investing my entry fee. But...I would love to see those guys show up as well. Maybe separate class divisions? Class 11, and Class 11 S ? (Flame on...)

offroadracer516

Reaction
I totally agree Jeremy. I just drove a SCORE 11 and that gearbox makes the car flat out haul the mail. If I have to compete against SCORE 11's, I won't be investing my entry fee. But...I would love to see those guys show up as well. Maybe separate class divisions? Class 11, and Class 11 S ? (Flame on...)
Been around this class literally my entire life. Since I was born. I am 32 now. Class 11's do not have close ratio gears or disk brakes. SNORE and MORE legal only is how it should be with this much cash on the line at a race in the USA. Cars that have been beefed up over and over for people to try and finish a long score race should not be allowed.

stephenrjking

Reaction
Been around this class literally my entire life. Since I was born. I am 32 now. Class 11's do not have close ratio gears or disk brakes. SNORE and MORE legal only is how it should be with this much cash on the line at a race in the USA. Cars that have been beefed up over and over for people to try and finish a long score race should not be allowed.
For better or for worse, KOH does not spend a lot of effort to differentiate between different categories within basic classes. There is one UTV class, for example. The rules are pretty vague. People show up with nearly stock UTVs and with UTVs as modified as they can make them.

So, for the all "is there too many classes" debate, KOH has decided to register its own opinion. It's their race, they have to do what they have to do. Nobody is required to run it.

offroadracer516

Reaction
For better or for worse, KOH does not spend a lot of effort to differentiate between different categories within basic classes. There is one UTV class, for example. The rules are pretty vague. People show up with nearly stock UTVs and with UTVs as modified as they can make them.

So, for the all "is there too many classes" debate, KOH has decided to register its own opinion. It's their race, they have to do what they have to do. Nobody is required to run it.
That's why I am asking now about the rules. To see if its worth the effort to go. Because its not right now with score and bitd cars legal. But damn sure would be if it was SNORE and MORE legal only. Cars that are actually fair to race against each other in a class 11 shootout.

fastfelix

Reaction
Score and BITD legal are ok???? Disk brakes,Close ratio gears??? These are not the same cars. Idk who thought it was a good idea to let anything that looks like a class 11 race this event but these cars are not the same. Its like racing 12 cars against 1600's. Or 1600 against class 9. Should be SNORE and MORE class 11 legal only. There is a reason score cars can't just show up and race snore right now. Because they are not legal and would have a massive advantage from the start line. What is the deal Dave???
That's why I am asking now about the rules. To see if its worth the effort to go. Because its not right now with score and bitd cars legal. But damn sure would be if it was SNORE and MORE legal only. Cars that are actually fair to race

fastfelix

Reaction
My opinion or thoughts are let score cars run. I would only like transmission to be stock gearing. Who cares about about disc brakes? I feel some people might be looking for reasons to protest , or explain why they lost. All the same drivetrain other than that let’s race!!!! Again not my choice just my thoughts Carry on!

offroadracer516

Reaction
If the majority of the cars out there are SNORE/MORE rules, than I’d go with those rules. How many Class 11’s out there actually have disc brakes or close ration gearing. Maybe 5-6 if that? Majority should rule. You assholes better show up though. 😂😂
Gladly be there to race other snore/more legal stock bugs. But not beefed up score legal cars.

Last edited:

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
A sportsman moto lead the baja 1000 overall for a big chunk of time and a total privateer naturally aspirated UTV would have won the Baja 1000 utv overall if not for a vcp penalty.

J Prich

Reaction
Out of curiosity, what does this do for the SCORE legal 11 guys now? I assume they are the minority, and are now out of the game? Hard to make everyone happy in these kinds of deals I suppose.

E motorsports

Reaction
Out of curiosity, what does this do for the SCORE legal 11 guys now? I assume they are the minority, and are now out of the game? Hard to make everyone happy in these kinds of deals I suppose.
they have the choice to make there car SNORE legal which is a hell of a lot cheaper than making a SNORE car SCORE legal over the next couple months