Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

offroadracer516

Reaction
This is the kind of stock bug racing we are looking for. And that's what you get with equal cars.

Attachments

• 81355150_2625648357488456_9167680548842242048_n.jpg
    81355150_2625648357488456_9167680548842242048_n.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 10615460_900571079996201_6428707249965283647_n.jpg
    10615460_900571079996201_6428707249965283647_n.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 81

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
How do we sign up?
you register here but I don't see a class 11 class on there yet.

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
Has BLM given the permit for this race yet? Lots of races havr been canceled or moved recently.
They have a 3 year contract/permit with BLM that extends through next year. However if I understand correctly I believe they are going to be testing everyone for covid or asking people to get tested before coming out. Maybe @Dave Cole 4454 Cole can tell us?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
They have a 3 year contract/permit with BLM that extends through next year. However if I understand correctly I believe they are going to be testing everyone for covid or asking people to get tested before coming out. Maybe @Dave Cole 4454 Cole can tell us?
I am sure Dave will chime in and clarify some things but this is what was just release about the KOH Special Permit.

King of the Hammers Special Recreation Permit Update
As local governments, businesses, and members of the public learn to adjust and adapt to the mitigation measures that were put in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, King of the Hammers is no exception. Our organization is actively working alongside the County of San Bernardino and multiple government agencies to ensure a safe and responsible outdoor recreational opportunity for everyone in attendance in 2021.
To that end, Hammerking Productions is pleased to announce that we’ve entered into an agreement with MedNext, a state-of-the-art healthcare provider, to assist with the implementation of a COVID-19 Response Plan for the testing of all participants and attendees. The plan calls for 80% of attendees to test at home prior to arriving at the event, with the remainder to be tested onsite.
“The COVID-19 response plan that King of the Hammers and MedNext staff devised is comprehensive, thoughtful, and puts into place mitigation measures that address my concerns from a healthcare perspective,” said San Bernardino County Public Health Director Corwin Porter.
Added San Bernardino County Supervisor Dawn Rowe, “As a local elected official, it’s clear that Hammerking Productions is committed to meeting all state and local COVID-19 guidelines. They’ve gone above and beyond the typical amount of protocols that are required for outdoor recreational activities such as this.”
Hammerking Productions, currently in the third year of a 5-year Special Recreation Permit with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM), is also coordinating with federal officials to ensure the 2021 event is safe for all attendees and race participants. BLM staff will continue to participate in all aspects of operational planning for King of the Hammers to ensure it complies with state and local COVID-19 health orders.

With the COVID-19 Response Plan and extensive safety protocols in place, Hammerking Productions looks forward to seeing King of the Hammers participants on the lakebed beginning January 29, 2021. This is an opportunity that we have worked hard to earn and we expect attendees to support and cooperate with the new safety measures that will be in effect.

NOTE-
If RDC is anything like facebook I bet we will be having a bunch of "I thought this was a free country?" and "Screw this BS. I ain't gettin' no test." "Commifornia can suck it!" "Gavin Newsom is a punk bish!" comments. Hooray. Get it off your chest. And then, go get a test and go the greatest off road event in the US. This will be the largest public land use permit this year and the world is gonna be watching. While you may be correct that masks are or are not BS, this event is not the place to make your stand on the issue. The success of this event is a really big deal to a lot of us. Its a really big deal for our industry. Its a really big deal economically to the surrounding community. Its a really big deal to the staff of Ultra 4 (who are all rad people.) It is also a really big deal to me. I ask everyone to please help make KOH a success and like the rest of us, play the hand we are dealt.

Or, go watch the rest of us have fun online with the amazing live coverage that ONLY Hammers delivers.

See ya at the bonfire.

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
Im sorry I have been MIA from RDC, alot going on. Its not a brain probe test. Its a simple q-tip. If you are fundamentally opposed to that, I understand. Unfortunately this is the situation our world is in right now.

We are building a simple and easy to use solution and working our butts off to make the biggest race ever.

Tube ride

Reaction
What do you get a receipt or proof of testing . And how long before the event do we need to be tested, if I test today will it still be valid?

Dave Cole 4454

KING MAKER
Reaction
3-5 days before arrival at the event (working through final decision), the test has a barcode that corresponds with your ticket. Take a picture of the test and when you get to the welcome gate it is a simple lookup to confirm you are good to go.

Proof of Vaccine or any other test inside the window is acceptable.

Lots of talk on Social Media about how its public land and you can come and do whatever you want.

Heres the real scoop. For the last 4 years, BLM has required that I pull an Exclusive Use Permit. Technically and Legally, I have full responsibility and use of the land EXCLUSIVELY for a month.

It is the only way they will let me do the event.

Every year 20k people drive by the welcome gate and tell me to pound sand...they wont pay.

And I dont do ANYTHING about it because I feel strongly that regardless of a permit it is OUR land.

When it comes to this year, this is what we have to do to make this happen. Dont want to take a test, dont come.

It is not a RIGHT to go to a Desert Race. It is a privilege. I would hope that we would take care of our privileges the same way we protect our rights.

Hope to see you on the lakebed

y2kbaja

Reaction
I'm stoked the main race is on a Saturday so I don't have to use a (cough) sick day to watch from home. I can't talk myself into being there live is better than watching at home. Especially this year. I'll be watching from home. I look forward to it. Please don't make this VtoR contingency and have the health dept come in and shut it down. Everyone do your part, wear the mask, get the test, play the game as instructed.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I am sure Dave will chime in and clarify some things but this is what was just release about the KOH Special Permit.

King of the Hammers Special Recreation Permit Update
As local governments, businesses, and members of the public learn to adjust and adapt to the mitigation measures that were put in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, King of the Hammers is no exception. Our organization is actively working alongside the County of San Bernardino and multiple government agencies to ensure a safe and responsible outdoor recreational opportunity for everyone in attendance in 2021.
To that end, Hammerking Productions is pleased to announce that we’ve entered into an agreement with MedNext, a state-of-the-art healthcare provider, to assist with the implementation of a COVID-19 Response Plan for the testing of all participants and attendees. The plan calls for 80% of attendees to test at home prior to arriving at the event, with the remainder to be tested onsite.
“The COVID-19 response plan that King of the Hammers and MedNext staff devised is comprehensive, thoughtful, and puts into place mitigation measures that address my concerns from a healthcare perspective,” said San Bernardino County Public Health Director Corwin Porter.
Added San Bernardino County Supervisor Dawn Rowe, “As a local elected official, it’s clear that Hammerking Productions is committed to meeting all state and local COVID-19 guidelines. They’ve gone above and beyond the typical amount of protocols that are required for outdoor recreational activities such as this.”
Hammerking Productions, currently in the third year of a 5-year Special Recreation Permit with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM), is also coordinating with federal officials to ensure the 2021 event is safe for all attendees and race participants. BLM staff will continue to participate in all aspects of operational planning for King of the Hammers to ensure it complies with state and local COVID-19 health orders.

With the COVID-19 Response Plan and extensive safety protocols in place, Hammerking Productions looks forward to seeing King of the Hammers participants on the lakebed beginning January 29, 2021. This is an opportunity that we have worked hard to earn and we expect attendees to support and cooperate with the new safety measures that will be in effect.

NOTE-
If RDC is anything like facebook I bet we will be having a bunch of "I thought this was a free country?" and "Screw this BS. I ain't gettin' no test." "Commifornia can suck it!" "Gavin Newsom is a punk bish!" comments. Hooray. Get it off your chest. And then, go get a test and go the greatest off road event in the US. This will be the largest public land use permit this year and the world is gonna be watching. While you may be correct that masks are or are not BS, this event is not the place to make your stand on the issue. The success of this event is a really big deal to a lot of us. Its a really big deal for our industry. Its a really big deal economically to the surrounding community. Its a really big deal to the staff of Ultra 4 (who are all rad people.) It is also a really big deal to me. I ask everyone to please help make KOH a success and like the rest of us, play the hand we are dealt.

Or, go watch the rest of us have fun online with the amazing live coverage that ONLY Hammers delivers.

See ya at the bonfire.
1607367814688.png

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
Dave is every attendee going to need to be tested or is the testing only for people wanting to enter Hammertown and race participants?