Toyo Desert Challenge Presented by Monster at KOH 2021 - More classes and settling some grudge matches

cubed

Reaction
Sturgis did not turn out the way the "pro-Covid" crowd and media wanted it to. Unfortunately that has had no effect on the way events are being handled now! If I recall correctly after Sturgis they were able to attribute 80 cases and 1 death (which had pre-existing conditions) to Covid. Roughly 400,000 attended the event. There were 4 or 5 deaths due to motorcycle accidents during the event. So by those numbers I guess we should ban motorcycles.

Okay, my hi-jack is over. Please don't hate me Dave.
There where over 80 in Minnesota alone, around 300 directly connected and more with connections, certainly not a big deal out of 400,000 but nearly 4 times the Fake news posted on facebook. We need to use real numbers to advocate for these things, we lose credibility when we use fake numbers from social media posts.

51rcr

Reaction
I am impressed that they are stepping up to the plate with this to make it safe and to make it happen. KOH being a super spreader event would not be good at all.

Does anybody have any idea how much the T2 entry fees are?
I think it was 1K havent confirmed on the site. I was going to look and see since some things prior were based off of cheaper early registration. I didnt go through the driver license fee and registration to get to the real numbers.

mxben

Reaction
Sturgis did not turn out the way the "pro-Covid" crowd and media wanted it to. Unfortunately that has had no effect on the way events are being handled now! If I recall correctly after Sturgis they were able to attribute 80 cases and 1 death (which had pre-existing conditions) to Covid. Roughly 400,000 attended the event. There were 4 or 5 deaths due to motorcycle accidents during the event. So by those numbers I guess we should ban motorcycles.

Okay, my hi-jack is over. Please don't hate me Dave.
Really.

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
I think it was 1K havent confirmed on the site. I was going to look and see since some things prior were based off of cheaper early registration. I didnt go through the driver license fee and registration to get to the real numbers.
Entry fee is $1000. Tracker+license fee and everything said and done it is $1517.77 for two people in one car. But it goes up next week, then I think it will go up one more time as it gets closer.

green787

Reaction
Anybody thinking Dave is being unreasonable needs to look at the Sturgis Rally (when numbers were much better, btw)
I don't think Dave can do anything about the number of available hospital beds in San Bernardino county or the new "southern California" district..... plus he's going to have a gathering that's been compared to Burning Man....(cancelled due to Covid). I'm not the authorities so don't take it out on me.... I'm just saying when you lift the 8 ball and it reads "outlook not good"................

Last edited:

mxben

Reaction
I don't think Dave can do anything about the number of available hospital beds in San Bernardino county or the new "southern California" district..... plus he's going to have a gathering that's been compared to Burning Man....(cancelled due to Covid). I'm not the authorities so don't take it out on me.... I'm just saying when you lift the 8 ball and it reads "outlook not good"................

The spectators are the problem and the solution all at the same time... my brain.

JDDurfey

Reaction

MTPyle

Reaction
Pretty Sure T2 entry was $2500. Which I think is a good deal, especially for the payouts.

Mike

Steve0

Reaction
Signed up the golf cart today. Should be another fun week on the lake bed.

alanzona

Reaction
Hey Mike. go to 2021 ULTRA4 COMPETITOR SITE (this is where www.ultra4license.com redirects).

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 2.18.14 PM.png

After you get your license number, go back in and register for an event.
King of the Hammers Week
Desert Classes
Desert T2 (or whichever class you want to race)

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 2.18.51 PM.png

Fee Tiers
Class Pre -12/13 12/13-1/1 Post 1/1
T1 $2,500 $3000 $3,500
Desert Classes $1,000 $1200 $1400

**** Updated note ***

We will be extending the early registration fee until the 18th, so the 12/13 price is good until 12/18 now and all the other dates will push back a week as well.

*** Another updated note ***

Dave kicks ass and this is happening. The whole team is busting butt and focused on delivering an outstanding race in a challenging environment. Please feel free to reach out to me (alan@ultra4racing.com) with any questions or assistance in registering. I look forward to seeing a killer opening weekend of desert racing this year! As Dave says "See you on the Lakebed"

LoLOL

Reaction

Agree

E.Hagle

Reaction
Is the desert loop going to be similar to the last few years? Trying to get the car set up properly. Any info is appreciated. Loop length. Total race mileage. Also are we allowed to set up our pits anywhere?

johnnyweb

Reaction
So I guess your saying your not going then. Ok yes stay home buy things online from Amazon, order Door Dash food, listen to the news and for god sake dont get your hair cut! Its all good one less yahoo Karen on the lake bed. There is plenty of hospital beds, I have many friends, friends wives and customers etc that either are nurses or work in hospitals in general they all concur that they are doing fine there is no mass over crowding at the hospitals. Keep drinking the coolaid hospital ICU's are always at 75% of capacity that is the norm. They are required to.

Covid cannot sustain the lake bed its a god forsaken place only the strong should attend!