Toyota 1GR 4.0L V6 Engine Build....

Black Knight Lighting

RDC Crypto
Website
www.bonamoracing.com
Haha Things were put on hold for a little while but starting in Jan 2011 is back to it! Should be in the Race Truck Feb/March...Don't worry guys I will keep ya updated!

tcrperformance

RDC Crypto
Website
www.racesadr.com
Unfortunately I'm probably responsible for the delay in the forward progress of this engine build, in order to develop the required power band and peak power numbers for the future of this class a enormous amount of time was required. Many components are being tested in the United Kingdom on several forced induction vehicles to gather data relating to the durability of the short block. The piston development alone was enough that I considered jumping off a bridge, in order to meet the dynamic compression ratio the piston dome is very complicated to machine because of the required combustion chamber reshaping for the engine to meets its air requirements. I anticipate receiving Kyle's piston set within the couple of weeks so he may continue on his bad ass engine build.

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
Bump for updates. . .leaving us hanging, powerplant should have been in the truck and burning gas by now (hopefully). . .

. . .ready to see a dyno sheet and hopefully a video to hear it run!!!

Black Knight Lighting

RDC Crypto
Website
www.bonamoracing.com
Been very busy with the light business so racing has taken a back seat for now....This will be the first race with the New Engine! I swear hahah...

Plaster City has a race in april HDRA, get it going.

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
So are we to take it that the engine is done???

If so, where are the pic's of the completed engine and the dyno results. . .a short video to hear it running would be awesome as well!!!

mexracer10

RDC Crypto
No the engine is not done, hence the lack of updates, the engine builder flaked and some deals fell through so the engine development stopped. I am sure when there is progress there will be pics and video shortly there after. An engine of this caliber deserves the best of the best in parts and thats not cheap, but once this bad boy is all together and ready to sing a tune that will rival the old PPI v6 days :)

Tech Tim

RDC Crypto
Bump for a 2+ year update, curious whether you ever got the engine up and running?