toyota 3.0 hot rod

fabtoys

I'M BUILDING A CLASS 7 OPEN TOYOTA I HAVE A COMPLETE 3.0 POWERPLANT TO PUT IN THIS TRUCK.BUT DOES ANYONE OR HAS ANYONE DONE HIGH COMPRESSION OR STROKER ON ONE OF THESE? OR SHOULD I JUST STAY WITH MY 22R W/ 20 R HEAD W/ 350 CFM HOLLEY? ANYWEB SITES AND FEED BACK IS GREAT THANKS

86 x cab 4x4 short course w/c/o w/ 4 link
99 dodge ram 2500 cummins w/ 37" mtr

JasonHutter

Any more these days in 7 open, I would be thinking of the 3.4 built motor. You would need to have a $10-$15 22r to even begin to keep up with the speeds in 7 open. Reguardless, most competetive engines in 7 open are at least that much.

Jason

curt

Call <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.lcengineering.com>www.lcengineering.com</A> they don't show anything on the site about the 3L but I heard they might be looking into it. The 22R is bullet proof, if you think 200hp is enough, get/build a stage 5 motor, we've been running our for 3 seasons and only change oil and plugs. Curt

VORRA Class 7

curt

Jason are you talking about a Taco motor? If so how do you get around the valves per cylinder issue? I'd like to get to the 300hp mark but can't unless I build a new truck using a Tacoma...Curt

VORRA Class 7

JasonHutter

I was talking about the Taco motor. In SCORE they have opened it up in 7s anyway for that motor, at least in the 7sx class. And I am not sure about 7open but I can get my rule book out today and look, but I have seen that motor in a 7 open truck before. SCORE is the only one to open that up as of yet I think.

Jason

curt

Yes, please check it out for me. The rules for both 7/7s classes were always you had to match the available motor's with the chassis you're running. Then they opened it up to any production based motor offered by that manufacturer but I know I saw you had to stay with the same amount of valves per cylinder as your original motor unless they changed it again or changed it for the 7sx class... Thx, Curt

VORRA Class 7

JasonHutter

7s is still the same, no more than 2 valves per cylinder on a 6 cylinder engine. 7s also went back to no more than 3.0 ltrs also. Here is the new 7sx class engine rule. Notice it only says that the original # of valves per cylinder need to be retained. I still need to go get my rule book to find the rules for 7 open.

CR23 ENGINE and ENGINE DISPLACEMENT
Engine may be one delivered in the vehicle by the manufacturer/importing distributor with a maximum of six (6) cylinders.<font color=red> Any other engine of the same manufacturer/importing distributor may be used providing:</font color=red>

(1) It retains a maximum of six (6) cylinders as originally produced by the manufacturer.
(2) It retains the same number of camshafts.
<font color=red>(3) It retains the same number of valves per cylinder.</font color=red>
(4) It does not displace more than 4300cc.
(5) Block and heads must have stock factory part numbers.

Engine must be readily available to the general public in the U.S.A. Engine must use a stock block and stock heads as delivered for highway use by the manufacturer.
Any make of carburetor/s will be allowed with a maximum of one (1) venturi per cylinder.
Stock fuel injection is allowed.
Items with no restrictions include:

(A) Strengthening and balancing
(B) Valve train and camshaft
(C) Bore and stroke
(D) Pistons
(E) Blueprinting
(F) Oil and water cooling systems. Dry sumps are allowed.
(G) Air cleaners
(H) Fuel pumps
(I) Exhaust system

Water and vapor injection systems are not allowed unless originally equipped.
Engine must be located in the stock mounting location as delivered from the manufacturer ±1". This will be measured from the center line of the front spindle to the back of the block.
Radiator must remain in stock location and have the same frontal area as the original stock radiator.