toyota a-arms

Custom_Yota

hey pretty soon im gonna start on an 87 extracab yota and i was hopping to do center mountend a-arms with a 302. my question is anyone have any links to some good shops with pics of centermounted arms just so i can get some mre detailed ideas. Thanx alot

curt

Geoff, whats the chance you could get some more shots of that 4 link ie different angles and maybe the mounts up front? Thanks, Curt

VORRA Class 7

geoff

which are you referring to? I have a ton of pics, ill just upload stuff if u want to see.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

Mike_HKmtrsprts

dez name yota_602 just had his truck done with center mounted a-arms it got 20" of travel PM him I belive he has some pictures if you cant get a hold of him PM me and I wil get them for you....Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

evan_clanin

there is pics on the readers rides, the first one with the white yota launching

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

geoff

that is an interesting picture... the upper arm is placed outside of the frame rail. The obvious advantage to this positioning being that it is on the *same* axis as the factory steering linkage. However, the upper is significantly shorter than the lower in this configuration. It seems like it would cause a pretty hairy camber curve here?

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

fishd00d

What A Joke
Thats Tyson's truck.

The upper is actually UNDER the frame.....it is shorter than the lower and does have some camber curve....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Tyson

Hey Im famous. LoL

Yes the uppers are mounted under the frame rails and I only have a camber curve at full bump. It swings 23" metal to metal but I redid the spindles for more strength and now its 20-21" I will also be limiting the bump to negate the camber curve a little bit. Though I have been told you DO want some camber change throughout the travel. The steering is moved in and actually pivots with the lower arm so it is not the limiting factor. I have more shots on my website and I'll have yet some more shortly. My site is <font color=red> Check It</font color=red>

geoff

next time you take the shocks off, i wanna see pics at bump and droop, that is the most interesting. Also what is the width, WMS to WMS or as you said last time we talked, center to center ?

curt

How wide is that 9"? Are the rear trailing arms completely outside the frame or do they angle in/out? I'm getting ready to start on a 4link but haven't found any decent pictures yet...Curt

VORRA Class 7

geoff

what exactly are you talking about? can you post the picture you are referring to?

curt

Any more pics you have of the rear end suspension on that truck<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.full-race.com/frontsusp/6-29072-TOY027.jpg>http://www.full-race.com/frontsusp/6-29072-TOY027.jpg</A> of the truck. It would be great if you had the front mounting points of both the lower and upper links heck any detail would be a help. Also I was wondering how wide from disc mounting flange to disco monting flange that Ford 9" rear end is so I could get the arms outside of the frame like the picture seems to show. Thanks, Curt

VORRA Class 7