Toyota Desert Racing Again ?

mgobaja

Reaction
Any sure info on wether Toyota or PPI will get involved again with or without Ivan or Larry Roesler ?

Jimmy8

Reaction
The information I got was all second hand, but I am assuming it is from a reliable source. What I heard is that they are building a trophy truck for Larry Rosselor and it will have a live axle rear end instead of running irs in the rear. Nothing for sure, but thats what I heard.

mgobaja

Reaction
I' ve also heard that the reason for the cease in racing is due to the fact that Tom Morris told Ivan that he had to partner with Larry to continue receiveing their support. No partner = No racing. We all know what the choice was. To bad for Ivan and Larry both lost on that deal.

bajaboy

Reaction
Is there any truth to this , That Ivan wanted to retire from driving anyway , and just operate his pro truck stuff ? I heard some herbst guys saying this at Bar Miramar in San Felipe. If they really consider running a Toyota TT again how about trying to get some other proven drivers with outstanding records like Macpherson's old guy's , like Jeff Lewis or Doug F.
What do you guys think out there ?
bajaboy

DougM

Reaction
There was an article in the SD Union 2 weeks ago concerning Ivan retiring. Hes DONE.
It states he will continue to support Toyota as a PR person but thats it. His focus now will be on ProTruck and he stated he wants to run the PARIS to DAKAR as his only other goal he hasnt attained.

As far as a new truck for LR, truck, Im unsure, but I seriously doubt that they are building an new one, the old one worked fine.

Contact ProTruck, Im sure someone there can get you a faxed copy of the article.

scott

Reaction
I heard that Tom Morris was trying to start something with a deal with Yokahoma Tires and other sponsors since Cal Wells for a fact was not doing any off-road stuff anymore because of the NASCAR
deal. I heard though that the deal for Morris fell through and I know for a fact that 3 of PPI crew members are with Riviera Racing. They are building the other RIviera Trophy Truck for NIck Baldwin.

bajaboy

Reaction
Another Riviera TT ? Is it going to be like the existing one ( Robby Gordon -style ) ? What ever happen two the deal with Gordon and Toyota a few years back ? Didn't he only do like one race?

bajaboy

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
In fact, the Riviera team has been reported to pay a fee to Robbie to use his design factors in their new TT truck.

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Is that true, Pat? I heard RG wanted too much (supposedly) for the plans for that TT, and they (Riviera) had decided to go ahead with a PPI design. Yes, this is second hand info, so I could be wrong......
Any Riviera guys out there like to comment?
It would be interesting to see what PPI would do with a Ford powerplant.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Ex-PPI dude's are building the new Riviera TT, Robby wanted to much $$$$ for his plans so they (Riviera/Post) told him (Robby) what he could do with them (plans/blueprints) if you know what I mean.

<font color=red>Shaun<font color=red>

scott

Reaction
The Trophy Truck is almost identical to the truck that they are running now. Its pretty high tech built. One of my partners went to the shop and said that the cab and down bars for the suspension to hang onto is built, and the front a-arms are being built, and the trailing arms. The suspension is RGE 4" coilovers. According to my partner, Nick Baldwin's truck is being built better than Mark's. The Trophy Truck will be done for next year, but their plans are for the first race in December @ the BITD race.
P.S>>>>> 3 guys from PPI are building it.......