• Forum membership has its advantages....

Toyota Idler Arm ?'s

Skyler

Toyota Idler Arm ?\'s

I was wondering if any of you guys can recomend one type of bushing for the idler arm? I run stock toyota rubber bushings and last about one trip to the dez. I have heard of people using bronze bushings, uretahne and delrin. Anybody know where I can get a decent set of bushings for the stock idler arm? It's a 2 wd and I have a downey idler arm gusset but other than it is stock. Thanks, Skyler

Rallyrick

Re: Toyota Idler Arm ?\'s

I machined up some custom delirin bushings for my toyota and it tightened up the steering real nice and I never had to replace them after that, granted I only had it for 4 months after that but still. Take apart your idler arm and measure the inside bore of the housing and the diameter of the shaft and take those measurements to a machine shop and have them spin some up. Don't forget the depth of the bushing and the flange thickness.

JasonHutter

Re: Toyota Idler Arm ?\'s

Skyler, I have the $250 dollar gusseted idler arm from Fabtech. We used to run it on the race truck until we went to a complete chromoly set-up. If you want to e-mail me, I am sure we can work something out, like $50 bucks or something. It works really well and is still in great shape. I think it only has two short races on it, be broke other things that put us out of the race early!

Jason
jasonhutter@yahoo.com

P.S. We will be in San Felipe or I could UPS it to you.