Toyota power steering issues

geoff

Reaction
My 2wd power steering box is leaking trying to move my 32x11.50s after 180k miles on the clock.

Does anyone knwo if the 4wd box bolts up, i heard it did. if not, what are other good boxes to check out? I can just weld a plate to the frame and figure something else out if need be, i would just rather have something bolt up from the 4wd... <fingers crossed>

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

firedog

Reaction
check out the Toyota steering thread from a while ago, it might answer some of your ?'s I hope it helps.

geoff

Reaction
yeah! i totally forgot about that thread.. thanks. thats what i get for not using search ;)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

JasonHutter

Reaction
As far as mounting the 4x steering box on the 2wd. The two bottom bolts line up with the stock wholes, and the top bolt goes through a mount that we built on top of the frame.

Jason

ntsqd

Reaction
Early Bronco folks have used the yoter IFS 4wd box to convert to PS. Significantly heavier truck, and they do last in that use. Should be a good swap for you.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.