Toyota Race A- arms . Who makes them

NoPavementRacer

Reaction
Ok, I know this has been talked about before. But mostly for pre-runners.
I need to know opinions on race quality fab. a-arms.
I have (had) the TC 2nd gen. worked great for about 4 races then we started having issues. first a bolt broke, fixed it and finished. then a uni-ball popped out, fixed and finished 4th. now as you can see the whole lower a-arm busted and continued to damage everything, shocks, steering, etc.

My only current thought is to go to the TC gen3. But there has to be others racing with a-arm set up.

see the pictures. And this was from the girls racing in the Powder Puff..

Attachments

• PP 1459 explosion.jpg
    PP 1459 explosion.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 584
  • powderpuff - front.jpg
    powderpuff - front.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 606

y2kbaja

Reaction
We run the TC gen III kit and have 5 races this year and over 2000 race and test miles, no issues other than driver error. Love the kit.

baja619

Reaction
Website
www.fiberwerx.com
It is common for parts to fatigue after many miles of hard offroad driving. Since you have been racing (as in pushing the vehicle to/near the limit) it will happen sooner then later.

The suspensions & steering components should be inspected, magd and then repaired if need be during race prep at least 2-3 a year during a full season. taking these precautions will likely prevent cracks to develope into massive suspension failure and devastating down time during a race. This is at the very least.

TC GenIII should be a good upgrade, just be certain to properly maintain those suspension parts or you will likely experience the same situation down the road.

dirtyhucker

Reaction
yeah, who has run one of those new camburg racer a arm front ends? they have em listed with the tundra kits but i noticed they also sell the same kit for the titan. Could this kit be mod'ded to fit the older 4x frame?

RyanWiW

Reaction
Website
www.wilmingtonironworks.com
Looks like the extreme race kit can run on the '00-'06 tundra or 95-04 tacoma. The titan kit is different. I have a 96 taco that was 4 wheel drive and we put this kit on, i dont know if it will bolt right up to a pre 96.

Attachments

• Tacoma%20Race%20Kit.jpg
    Tacoma%20Race%20Kit.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 271
  • Titan%20race%20kit-web2.jpg
    Titan%20race%20kit-web2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 273
  • taco build 073.jpg
    taco build 073.jpg
    847.9 KB · Views: 322

dirtyhucker

Reaction
hummm... is it really race worthy though? I thought that kit required you to make new mounting tabs,guess not. neat-0.

BCG7

Reaction
tc gen 3 kit is definatly race worthy. I ran the gen 2 kit forever and beat the hell out of it. I hit a rock at speed so hard one time that it broke my wheel in half and bent the hell out of the frame rail and the kit held up with out a scratch. Your drop stop is probably off and the suspention is droping out to far causing the the uniball to bind and break the bolt and pulling the uniball out. If the uniball is not binding you could drop that thing off a 2 story house and it would not break a 3/4 bolt.

NoPavementRacer

Reaction
Thanks for all the input.

I too like the TC3gen but would like to hear the opinions of RACERS or race teams and what they are using. What issues you have had with different typs of set ups.

TC 3rd gen ?

Camburg ? How is Camburg different ? Why would you choose Camburg?
I have seen and liked the Camburg set up for other Mfgr's.

Thanks guys, this is a big help with our racing efforts going into the '09 season.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
Website
Visit site
yeah the TC kit isnt a "real race kit", its just pretend. ;) for the price, quality, oh and *availibility(cus it actually currently exists in production) of the TC kit you cant go wrong. there arent many bolt on kits availible for the 86-95 4x chassis that can do what the GEN III can do. i punished the hell out of my kit for 2 years in the R&D process for Total Chaos. we worked alot of issues out and its a solid kit for sure. the next truck i build will be another 4x chassis with a gen 3 kit.

http://www.chaosfab.com/95301.html

they also have a centerlink/pitman/idler arm set thats tough as nails too. i also tested these parts and can vouch for their quality and strength.

http://www.chaosfab.com/toyaccess_4wd.html

y2kbaja

Reaction
Yeah, BCG7 and myself aren't "real" racers either. That 50+ combined years of racing and off-road exprience we have is just a number. Jeez. Yeah, 50+ combined years of off road and racing.