toyota steering

gary

well, after almost 2 years of a long travel front end, and turning 33 inch tires, my steering is getting mighty loose....so what to do....any opinions? what does it cost to go the Autozone route and replace it all, stock? has anybody priced it out? i haven't been able to check yet. and do they even have replacement idler arms/bushings (lotsa looseness there)? or option 2 is to go with a big time steering kit, like a total chaos one...more money, but stronger....any and all opinions are welcome here...i just want my clunking/loose steering to go away....

thanks in advance

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Gary if your going to the U.P.S. meeting sunday you can check out my upgraded steering. I have a Duffco made ideler arm, Bored and bushed pitman and Ideler piviots, eliminateing the ball joint ends on the center link. Stock center link with beefed up pivots. With heimed inner and outer tie rods. Was only about $200. I can take pis if you want.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab</font color=yellow>

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Ideler arm with Delrin bushed socket welded to bracketry that bolts to stock strut frame holes. Duffco
product.

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab</font color=yellow>

Attachments

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.duffcoenterprises.com>www.duffcoenterprises.com</A>

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

farmboy

one of my buddies, for the sake of strength and reliability, got another steering box and mounted it on the passenger side, i'll see if i can find a pic

the faster you go the smoother it is

farmboy

well here it is but it's kind of a bad pic, the idea was to replace the small idler arm with something stronger and keep it cheap.

the faster you go the smoother it is

Attachments