Toyota supercharger install

hbprnstr

Reaction
I just picked up a toyota supercharger and am going to put it on tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows the torque setting for the manifold bolts. In the instructions it just says reffer to repair manual which i dont have unfortionatly. Im thinking it is somewhere around 35 foot pounds, but not positive. Any info you guys can give would help me out alot. THanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Kevin Hutter has one. His RDC name is toyprerunr. Email him @ toyprerunr@aol.com

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

hbprnstr

Reaction
OK i got the superchrager installed fine. I have a new question though. To anyone who has a supercharger have you experienced hestation or missing when it was first installed. At idle it runs fine and if you cruise it boosts fine but when you go to get on it at all it will miss somtimes or when given more throttle will cause a hesitation. Also the check ingine light came on after like 5 miles after being on. Any information you guys know about this would help.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
You are probably getting a ping. This happens on a lot of S/C Tacomas and is pretty common. There are different fixes for it varying from using only 91 octane, to new fuel injectors, new spark plugs etc. The theory is that the TRD Supercharger is a little too much for the stock fuel system to handle.

Go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gadgetonline.com>www.gadgetonline.com</A> and read ALL the information on that page regarding the supercharger. You will learn a lot about it and your engine and it is a great resource.

1992f150

Reaction
All the supercharger does is shove more air into the engine, which allows you to add more fuel. If your engine cant supply fuel fast enough, you will have problems running lean, early detonation, etc... You could try running a smaller pulley to give less boost/disconnect until you can upgrade the fuel system.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

motoxscott

Reaction
Running a smaller pulley on the supercharger will increase boost, because you're increasing the speed in which the supercharger spins. For less boost, you'd want to increase the size of the pulley.

JasonHutter

Reaction
As Kritter posted above. My brother has his truck super-charged and has been through all these problems with his. He has some contacts at TRD and they have helped him out. I would e-mail him for some info.

Jason

Kevin Hutter
ToyPrerunr@aol.com

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Kevin gave me a ride home once and almost killed me racing a Dakota R/T! :) Slammed on his brakes and almost rear ended the guy lol.

He told me he is researching your Tacoma for you, have you got that badboy yet?

firedog

Reaction
Kevin did the same thing to me, almost rear ended a car when exiting the freeway on the rev limiter and traffic slowed infront of us. Jason is waiting until the 2003 model taco is available to order. It will be sometime in November or December when the truck gets ordered. I can't wait until he gets it, it will be a cool chase/prerunner when it is done.

firedog

Reaction
They will be helping us out for sure. I'm sure it will be a joint effort, Jason and I helping out as much as we can and their fabricator Jack Bones will do all the tube/fab work on it. Not sure how big Jason is going to go right when he gets it but he has talked about a full cage (front to rear), and some susp. mods to start. It should be cool though.

JasonHutter

Reaction
Speaking of building my Tacoma when I get it, is anyone making fiberglass for the rear of a double cab yet?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
There was a picture of a guy with his fiberglass for an extended cab on here maybe a two weeks ago?! Maybe somebody can remember the forum or topic and then you could check it out there.

See ya in the dirt!

hbprnstr

Reaction
Im the one with the glass on the double cab. Im also the same person that is having the supercharger problems but i think i have it fixed. The problem was we over torqued it down so the bas jasket had a vacum leak causing all my troubles. I will include a pic of my truck so you can see what the glass looks like also. I just put deavers on the rear so she is sittin a little nicer but you will get the idea.

hbprnstr

Reaction
Heres the pic. They are the proto types so im not sure if tim has any more made. As far as i know im the only one that has them. Glass works does great work too.

hbprnstr

Reaction
Well it wont let me post my picture for some reason but if u go to page 4 and look under toyota glass there is a post on there with an atachment that i made of my truck. Any questions about it hit me up.

SDranger

Reaction
Here ya go

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125