Toyota torsions

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Any recommendations for 2wd toyota torsions? I have 6" wider arms and the Sway-A-Way's I have are slowly sagging after big hits. Will the 300m Bars hold without sagging or are ther other options? I have heard of other bars being adapted to fit with tortion sockets obtained from kartek or McKensies. Do not really want to go to a coil. But they are sounding better and better. But they would not be right on the dis-ghettoyota.

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
300M is an excellent material when put into torsional loading.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Ditch the torsions and go coilover. You may be over rotating the torsions causing the sag. 300m torsions will take more rotation but your still stuck with one spring rate.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I dont think coilovers are in the yotas budget.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

ntsqd

Reaction
Saw-A-Way made (makes ?) a two stage torsion set-up. I know where there's T-100 pair that might be had for a reasonable. Could the T-100 parts be longer ? If so that would lessen the possible over-rotation issue.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

drtdevil93

Reaction
stuck with one spring rate? torsion bars are very progressive. they compliment a leaf spring setup do to both having a highly progressive nature.

erik

JasonHutter

Reaction
We have been running and beating on a set of 300m Torsions from SAW for about 3 years now, and haven't had a single problem with them yet! They have worked great for us! I talked to Herman at DeNunzio's the other day and they have a complete set-up that they ran on their 7 open for years. The torsions are bigger round and longer, they had them custom made at SAW. We decided to stick with, if it aint broke, don't fix it!

Jason

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
What I was saying was, If you have a 400# coil and decide its to soft its relativly easy to get a 450# and swap them out. I know of several shops that will swap used (in good condition) springs for a nominal fee. No such luck with a torsion.

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
Thanks for the input / suggestions. Looks like I'll be robbing the kids penny banks either way I decide to go.

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I thought that I might add that the ATS 7 truck runs 300M torsions

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."