Toyota Tundra Question

Timberwlf

Reaction
Well I just started a new job...Im now a Salesman at Sierra Toyota in Lancaster, CA and Im faced with a desicion(sp). Im thinking about a new Tundra x-tra cab. What I am wondering, is there any good suspention products for the new Tundras?? I have always worked with rangers and yota long travel is kinda alien to me. This truck WONT be jumped...thats what the ranger is for. Im just looking to run 35's and a farily nice ride in the des and around town...

Any Ideas would be GREAT

Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
My boss has a 4WD Tundra with the Fabtech/Fox replaceement coilover and he runs 315/85/16 I think, which are close to 35s. He doesnt run glass or anything, the truck is bone stock with the exception of tires, wheels and front shock kit.OH yeah he had the springs rearched a couple inches too. It is his daily driver and he has no problems with it at all.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Donahoe Racing has their kit for the Tundra... I am not sure if its released yet or not.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
A simple thing thing to do would be to put in either the SAW or KING replacment coilover. If its not going to be offroaded I would put in the SAW coilover because its a few hundred $ cheaper they run about $650 and the KINGs are $850. If you want to be able to pound on it you can put the Camburg long travel kit on it.

84toy

Reaction
I got the 2.5 inch sway-a-ways for my 4wd and can't complian. Im waiting to see if total chaos is going to come out with something before i do anything else.

Jason

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
If the Camburg kit fits the Tundra also then the Total Chaos kit should also right?

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I don't see why it wouldn't. Though since it uses Tundra axles would that mean its the same width as stock? And if its the same width at stock how much travel would it get on a Tundra?

mxjeremy

Reaction
I am running the SAWs in front, stock rear, with 305 / 70 r16's (~33x12) with NO RUB! I can't say enough about the SAWs. You CAN even jump with them, but I wouldn't get more than a couple feet off of the ground. I jump the RR-Xing on Beach & Katella almost every time I have a chance. I've hit it at 70mph and gotten about 2' off the ground (w/ my friends was watching from a Jeep) and landed on just a slight downslope, and the truck didn't even bounce. It did bottom, but no bounce. The back definetly needs at least some better than stock shocks. I will check out the SAW big bore's when I get a chance. It's those, or bilsteins. Hope you like the truck. I sure do.
late.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/mxjeremy/tundra/index.html>http://www.geocities.com/mxjeremy/tundra/index.html</A>

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Herei s a pic of the long travel kit on a Tundra. The kit is $1800 for Arms, brake lines, shock mounts, steering extenders, and 4 quad limit straps. The whole kit with shocks and Air bumps is $3280.

Attachments

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
The 4x4 is $1000 more. $4800 Installed total kit.

mxjeremy

Reaction
Jerry,
That kit looks badass! Good work. One question: How much more for custom uprights & uniballs?
late.