Toyota V6 Engine Help!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok guys I got a problem with the piece. It starts and runs fine.
But when you give it gas and then let off it almost dies for a second and then it shakes a bit and idles fine again.

Any idea what could be the problem??

Its a 1992 V6

Go Big Or Go Home

Tomack

Reaction
change the fuel filter. and fill it up with gas and put some fuel injector cleaner in it. Might help the problem. Make sure and use some good fuel

"If you aint racin, you aint livin"

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
It might be the TPS sensor. unplug it to throw the computer in defualt and see if it runs better. It won't run perfect but the stumble should be gone. I've had this problem in the past.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Yeah I would agree that it sounds like the TPS. Those are easy to check with an ohm meter. Might also be the air flow sensor. Same thing unplug it and see if the problem goes away. Or better yet I will trade you a ford which I know what is wrong with it.. LOL...

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

toyoter91

Reaction
hey mine was doing that for a while too it would also bounce at idle. it was a vacuum leak. check all the hoses. hope this helps. oh yeah also it might be that Air is coming into the intake past the Mass flow. make sure thats all nice and sealed up tight. hope this helps

-Rob

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
get a can of carb cleaner and spray it on the hoses and check for vacuum leaks that way.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok I just figured out that it doesnt really do it for the first few minuets when you start it. Its after it gets warmed up that it starts doing it.

I opened the MAS and everything looked and moved ok.

Go Big Or Go Home

toyoter91

Reaction
That is the same thing mine was doing. i will think back and see if i rememeber what i did. let me go check out my hoses to look at them. laters

-Rob

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Well I drove it to the desert last night and it was still doing it but then later in the night I noticed it wasent doing it anymore. Works fine now!

So I guess it just needed a good little beeting!

Go Big Or Go Home