Toyota V6 to Turbo 400

Quick_Prerunner

Reaction
I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that can make a Turbo 400 mate to a 3.4 litre Toyota V6, I've tried advanced adapters and they told me I'm on my own. Just wanted to see if anyone knows of anyone that makes adapters.

KitRacer

Reaction
Did you try Kennedy? I have been told they will custom make anything.

ntsqd

Reaction
How much HP is that V6 making ? A th400 is a lot of trans weight to haul around if you don't need to.

Quick_Prerunner

Reaction
The motor will be the TRD NASCAR Goody's Dash motor, it's bored out to a little over 4 litres I believe and produces a little over 300 HP. I want a Turbo 400 because I know I should never be able to break it with a V6 and I can get a good deal on one.

ntsqd

Reaction
A well built TH350 or Ford C4 could easily handle 300 HP and weigh less. Really don't see the need for a TH400, but If that's what you then go for it.

Do a search on block adapter plates, specifically those used to mate Buick-Olds-Pontiac engines to Chevy autos. There is a similar plate used to mate AMC V8's the Chevy autos too. A plate like that is what you're looking for. I suspect that you'll have to build it.
A gotcha that's bitten me twice, the GM engine to trans alignment dowel pins are 1.000 inch ABOVE crank centerline, not on it.

You'll have to use what ever stock Toyota flexplate is available for the engine. Have someone like TCS mod the Toyota converter with the GM snout & splines. Would advise talking to them b4 investing much time or resources in the project.