Tracker for NORRA 2019

rustyb

Reaction
Has anyone heard if we're using Stella again or something else next year? Just starting to think about instrument layout.

ukdirtdigger

Reaction
I heard from the organisers just last night that "I believe we are going back to Anube tracking this year".....

Radiobirdman32

Reaction
Racing Trax were really good last year, as far as support went. They helped a lot of racers hook up their trackers and explained the system pretty well. It didn't work like they said but that is another subject.

Zambo

Reaction
^^^ wut he said. I liked the Racing Trax.

Remind me, is the Anube the same as Stella? We've had so many its hard to remember. Every year, a new tracker. Frustrating. Hopefully I still have whatever bracket that this year's device requires.

Team Todo En

Reaction
I have a Stella mount and I thought it worked pretty good in '17. Does Racing Trax need us to purchase a mount if they go that route?

volks 73

Reaction
2018 Racing Trax was my favorite. 2017 pretty sure it was Anub / Stella . Beyond that it's a blur, to many changes I think I have 4 different mounts.

Fourstroker

Reaction
Confirmed with Racing Trax that it will not be them. He believes NORRA is going back to Stella

LantanaTX

Reaction
I heard it is Stella. I liked Racing Trax for the chase truck system that allowed tracking the race car and texting from the race car if needed but we also had a lot of trouble with the system. The Stella had less features but did work very well.

landshark

Reaction
I assume whatever is decided that will they have the mounts for sale before hand or at inspection/contingency?

Team Todo En

Reaction
I assume whatever is decided that will they have the mounts for sale before hand or at inspection/contingency?
Hey Chris. They should be putting out a bulletin with their choice about a month in advance of the race to give time to purchase the hardware so you can mount it ahead of time. When they used Anube Stella in '17 they sold the mounts on the NORRA site in their online store.They were around $125 if I remember. I'm glad I kept mine!

landshark

Reaction
Hey Chris. They should be putting out a bulletin with their choice about a month in advance of the race to give time to purchase the hardware so you can mount it ahead of time. When they used Anube Stella in '17 they sold the mounts on the NORRA site in their online store.They were around $125 if I remember. I'm glad I kept mine!

Ok thx for the info. $125, hopefully it’s made out of titanium as that is allot of zip ties and duct tape!