Tracking V2R on iPhone?

MikeL

Reaction
Has anyone tried to use the IRC tracking on an iPhone yet? Good...Bad...Ugly...not possible?

Just wondering.

Mark1567

Reaction
I don't know but I have the first generation iPhone and it has trouble displaying each of the updates on the SPOT tracking pages. I imagine it would work similarly with the IRC site but the newest 3GS or whatever its called might actually work much better. Just call them at IRC and they probably by now have addressed the iPhone ability and I think they should develop a new IRC app for iPhone. Only thing is down in Mexico, coverage is sketchey and may not support 3G or 4G format.

ewaite

Reaction
i have used mine on ionearth i have a 3g not the new 3gs worked great didnt have the restriction of the antenna on the truck i also know that ionearth has there own apps they use to run the systems at the races

MIKE S

Reaction
I used mine chasing at the Baja 500, it worked but was very slow. But it was nice knowing right where the truck was!

Forty1Racing

Reaction
I used mine chasing at the Baja 500, it worked but was very slow. But it was nice knowing right where the truck was!
Slow is better than nothing! cool though, kinda excited to see if it works for me

D-rek

Reaction
Another option is to setup tethering on your iPhone and then connect it to your laptop. I just did it and the download speed allowed me to watch videos on youtube.

El Chinero

Reaction
<<<Another option is to setup tethering on your iPhone>>>

Any info on the details?

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
I've got the 3gs and for the city I use it when I'm on the freeway and such.. it's pretty cool to see yourself moving along haha. I bet in the desert it would work fine.