Tragedy hits nascar mexico..

cancinoj

Reaction
big loss for NASCAR mexico,. he was a good driver,. big talent,. "CARLOS PARDO" RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
OMG that was a truly gnarly hit... that sux so bad... at least he died racing!!! thats how i wanna go... thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this accident.... going out n a blaze of glory on TV! god speed... what was the drivers name???

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
dude! that was brutal! wow.... they dont have the new safety barriers in mexico yet?
that was terrible.
God speed and prayers. wow.

Lucho

Reaction
That's terrible and could have been avoided. The announcers were saying that all ovals have that type of wall! Wrong!

Maybe in Mexico but not in the US. All walls must be contiguous except where you come in or exit the pits, and they are usually on the curve which propells most vehicle to the outside. This opening was on the traight away and should not have been there! It's like putting a retaining wall next to the straight. That is just simly stupid!
Watch what NASCAR says about it. It's really obvious.

cancinoj

Reaction
That's terrible and could have been avoided. The announcers were saying that all ovals have that type of wall! Wrong!

Maybe in Mexico but not in the US. All walls must be contiguous except where you come in or exit the pits, and they are usually on the curve which propells most vehicle to the outside. This opening was on the traight away and should not have been there! It's like putting a retaining wall next to the straight. That is just simly stupid!
Watch what NASCAR says about it. It's really obvious.
i 100% agree with you,. that retaining wall is wrong, they have the opening on the fast part of the track, that is stupid,.

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
Very poor track design if you ask me. Drag racer Blaine Johnson was killed in a similar fashion from an opening in the wall that was nowhere near as bad as this one.

michael_loomis

Reaction
wow, that was quite a blow. Hopefully this will lead to safer cars and tracks down there, like it has up here.

RIP Carlos...

mexgamer

Reaction
OMG! THAT WAS INSANE! HOLLY **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME**, why the hell did the car behind Carlos do that!!? drivers know that if the hit someone from behind at that speed that will happen, what was he thinking!!!? that was on purpose, if i was carlos brother i would make the other driver go to jail for that; I know it is a race but he hit him from behind at a high speed, it wasnt not a turn where you can lose control, it was a straight and as you can clearly see it, it was on purpose....
Also that barrier shouldnt had been there.

wow, that was quite a blow. Hopefully this will lead to safer cars and tracks down there, like it has up here.

RIP Carlos...
fatal accidents make safety improves, it happens all the time.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
This is SO sad... the entire car blew apart... I hope he went quick, my thoughts go out to his family and friends. I'm sure they are very sad right now but everyone knows the risks involved in racing-at least he was doing what he loved!

If this was on purpose... that is a real shame and action needs to be taken!

sidekicker

RIP Lusk & Ox
Reaction
god speed on "CARLOS PARDO" RIP. here his results

Career Totals (1975 - present)
Starts Championships Wins Top5 Top10 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Winnings
1 0 0 0 0 35.0 42.0 41,730

Year Rank Points Starts Wins Top5 Top10 Avg. Start Avg. Finish Winnings
2006 143 37 1 0 0 0 35.0 42.0 41,730

Baja Fool

Reaction
Good God! Absolutely horrific!

How many times have we seen that very same nerf after a little blocking move by the car in front...Just never seen the barriers set up in that manner. Looks like the configuration is what might have done it.

God Speed, Carlos.

mexgamer

Reaction
But it seems that the car behind moved a little bit to the right side making Carlos lost control. Carlos blocked Jorge, and then Jorge moved to the right making contact with Carlos, All drivers know what happens when you hit someone from behind, Jorge did know it, but maybe he did not know the consecuences. In my opinion Jorge was angry because he was the leader but Carlos passed him a few seconds before the crash, so when Jorge had the chance, he made Carlos lost control of the car.