Tragic Accident- Help if you can please...

1BAJA03

Reaction
Dear Friends,
On Saturday morning May 16, 2009, Wes Townsel with his two sons, Cody 10 and Tanner 5, left his wife Jennifer and daughter Hailey at home. They were headed out to go fishing on the East Highline Canal, a normal trip where they had been countless times before, but this time they would not be coming home. As Wes was driving his sons to the canal they were involved in a tragic accident that took all three of their lives. Not only did this accident leave Jennifer with the unimaginable heartache of loosing all three of her boys at once, but it also left her with the burden of having to pay for the services to put them to rest.
A large group of friends of the Townsel family have pulled together to raise funds for Jennifer. On May 30 the group will host the WCT (Wes, Cody, Tanner) Family Fishing Fun Day at Bucklin Park to honor the family. The first 250 kids will receive a free fishing pole and tackle box. Tacos will be served for the adults and hot dogs for the kids. All proceeds from this event will be deposited in a special bank account to be given to Jennifer.
We are pooling our resources to make this a fun filled day for kids and we can’t make it happen without the support of the community. We hope that you can join us in supporting this event by attending or making a donation. Please make checks out to WCT Townsel Fishing Fund at Desert Commercial Bank or send to Monte Bratton @ Finish Line Bike Shop/ Main Line Tackle at 560 W. Main St. El Centro, CA 92243, phone number is 760-353-0571. You can also visit the website below and make your donations there.
Thank You,
Friends of the Townsel Family

News Article http://www.ivpressonline.com/article...ews/news04.txt

Web Site http://townselfuneralfund.chipin.com

Funeral Services will be this Saturday 10am @ Faith Assembly in Imperial Ca. 92251

1BAJA03

Reaction
TOWNSEL MEMORIAL FUNDRAISER

Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, Country Style Potatoes, Green Beans, & Dinner Roll

All Plates will be hot and ready for pick up on Thursday May 21st between 4:00PM & 8:00PM

The address is 116 South Imperial inside the
“V Sports Bar & Grill”

Proceeds will go to the Townsel Memorial Fund
All plates are $12.00 each.
Thanks for your support

1BAJA03

Reaction
HOLTVILLE — An Imperial man and his two young sons died of their injuries Saturday morning when their pickup collided with a tanker truck on East Worthington Road near here, a California Highway Patrol officer said.

Wesley Townsel, 34, who reportedly was on his way to fish with his sons, was traveling east on Worthington in his 1994 single cab Toyota Tacoma while a 1999 GMC tanker truck headed north on Highline Road, said Highway Patrol Officer Pablo Torrez.

Townsel apparently drove through a stop sign at an unknown rate of speed and into the path of the tanker truck, officials said. The Highway Patrol received a call reporting the incident at about 6:30 a.m., Torrez said.

The tanker truck, driven by Jesus Hernandez Jr., 31, of El Centro, broadsided the pickup on the right side at about 45 mph, Torrez said.

Hernandez escaped injury and is thought to have made the 911 call, Torrez said.

Townsel’s 10-year-old son, who longtime family friends identified as Cody, was pronounced dead at the scene, Torrez said. Townsel died at El Centro Regional Medical Center. His 5-year-old son, Tanner, was flown to Yuma Regional Medical Center, Torrez said, and was to be transported to another hospital because of his injuries.

Torrez declined to confirm the victims’ names because he was unsure whether relatives had been notified, but Yuma Medical Examiner Investigator Robert Virgil said Tanner Townsel died in the emergency room of the Yuma hospital.

The boys’ mother was at the hospital when she learned of her younger son’s death, Virgil said.

Wesley Townsel’s name was confirmed by Elise Bryant, an El Centro Regional spokeswoman.

Tanner sat by the passenger side door while his older brother sat in the middle, officials said. Everyone in Townsel’s truck was wearing a seatbelt, Torrez said.

Highway Patrol Capt. Jose C. Vasquez said he was saddened by the news of the fatal crash, especially because it involved young children. Vasquez learned of the incident while he attended an event in El Centro.

“The CHP is very concerned by the loss of life in a collision because everyone suffers and everyone’s in pain,” Vasquez said.

http://townselfuneralfund.chipin.com/

Thanks everyone for the kind words and please give if you are able too thank-you....

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction
What a tragedy, there is a paypal method in the CHIP IN website. It is really convenient.

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. My heart is with them.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Yes setup a Paypal and I can donate what I can.

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Reaction

ace_photo

GET SOME
Reaction
Hey everyone just so you all know, Wes and his family were full on desert rats. They weren't members of RDC but familia just the same. I've known Wes and his wife and family most of my life, they are great people.
I got the call while I was in Texas for the TORC race about the accident. Terrible terrible news to get about a good friend. I am going to miss my friend.

If there is anything you can donate please do so. Every little bit counts.

Thanks,

Art-

Mary Kay

PRINCESS
Reaction
god bless this family:(

1BAJA03

Reaction
Tonight we held a BBQ fundraiser in the 1st hour we had ran out of food over 600 plates sold :) Thanks so much everybody for your support to the family. Another BBQ will be held next thursday also.

zoomlenz4u

Reaction
Tonight we held a BBQ fundraiser in the 1st hour we had ran out of food over 600 plates sold :) Thanks so much everybody for your support to the family. Another BBQ will be held next thursday also.
Very successfull event yesterday Larry. I went in and all tickets were sold so I bought tickets for next Thursdays. It is truly enlightening to see the support in Imperial Valley during such a tragedy.

Larry or anyone that is involved in the local BMX, can yo tell me what bike numbers the 2 boys had on BMX. I want to look for some pictures of them and if I have any. I woild like to burn a picture cd for the family to make copies. I have only shot BMX once.