trail-gear creepe joints - will they do for double A arms suspension?

the frog

Reaction
http://www.trail-gear.com/links.html

i do'nt know much about them although i got 16 of them.....:)

i do'nt even have any info about their radial or axial loads and could'nt find anything except for what you can see from the above link.

anyone can tell if they would be suitable for a double A arms front suspension, attached to the upright of a trophy truck (lower & upper)?

untill now i only used uniballs which work fine but cost about $100 each.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
The only problem with those is the lack of angular movement. The 40* they quote is 20* each direction. A uniball set-up with high-misalignments will go 32* each direction or 64* total.

the frog

Reaction
i think you got it wrong - the uniballs are 16* each way with a total of 32*, and that's less than the creeper joint.

what i'm not sure about is the creeper's housing strength - it looks like forged cast steel as opposed to the uniball's shell which is very strong.

i also have no info about the radial & axial loads of the creeper joint so it would be quite a gamble using them without really knowing the figures.

i wonder if anyone knows the numbers. they do'nt give any info on the trail-gear site and i wonder if even they got the data.

Wild bill

Reaction
For a trail rig....looks ok. For a Full on TT...I wouldn't trust them at 70 mph through the woops. If one breaks.....yard sale.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
They have the same type of bushing at Ballistic Fab, Blue Torch Fab, etc. . .I know that Ballistic publishes the ratings for them as well. . .so maybe you would be better off going with a different brand of the same type of joint/end