Trailer killer highway

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
So, let's take a count, how many trailers broke something during this entire Baja 1000 (prerun, race, return trip).

Three for the team I was pitting for.

Lets hear it...

9rocky

Reaction
23736017_1514510061964324_5659058658377151650_o.jpg
2 for us...

Baja Bryan

Reaction
X2 We were behind I think a mcmillin chase truck pulling a trailer anda cow jump out and they drilled it. Smashed up the front of their truck. Looked like busted radiator. The cow did not make it..

calexiraptor

Reaction
Saw a bronco with broken lugnuts just east of san ignacio right at a curve, also saw a roll over friday morning north of loreto. Hope everyone from the roll over was ok, i saw the ambulance hitting loreto just south of the accident

bigjeep13

Reaction
We tore a shackle hanger off, came up on that rollover north of Loreto too. Hope everyone made it out okay, looked pretty bad.

Josh 8

Reaction
So, let's take a count, how many trailers broke something during this entire Baja 1000 (prerun, race, return trip).

Three for the team I was pitting for.

Lets hear it...

And I need to ask, how fast we they crashing there trailers through the construction zone before and after Coco's. I saw dozens of guys going stupid fast with there one ton chase/tow rigs, towing trailers there like there in the race. I wonder how much of the damage was self induced there. An appropriate speed in that section is 10 and guys we're going 45 all day long.

Zambo

Reaction
Why does everone run super wide trailers ? I do not get it
Because 102" is the standard trailer width in the states and people don't go to the bother to have a custom trailer built for their 90" wide car or truck. Those that have swear by them.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
we took an old 5x8 moto trailer all over northern Baja with 12" "bicycle" tires for the week , and had no problems. No problemo, guero!
Baja Mini Bike.jpg

Tipracer

Reaction
X2 We were behind I think a mcmillin chase truck pulling a trailer anda cow jump out and they drilled it. Smashed up the front of their truck. Looked like busted radiator. The cow did not make it..
Cow had a death wish... they had no time to stop, saw the truck yesterday, everything is pushed in to the motor, good thing they were not hauling a.., thankfully no one got hurt.

43mod

Reaction
Ban TTs and Class 1’s from Baja! They’re too wide! Lol
I always wonder if your business would be better if you were not such a ......... . $ 100 to 500k race vehicle dedicated to Baja and most teams cant afford a decent simple trailer that will suit the roads,this makes no sense.

ACME

Reaction
On the SF side people were stupid and once again the LED light bars were in full effect both head on and coming up behind... White SXS chase truck near Airport Road had ALL 360* of his LED lights on as he drove northbound back to SF.

We had a white Chevy with a car hauler pass us at speed into a big dip before Puertocitos, launch the trailer and a dump can strapped on it flopped over and spilled. Never lifted and kept doing @ 65: We think he won his chase truck class... Another classy group included a red Chevy Prerunner with white fenders and 2 other trucks on Thurs PM on the HWY pull out near Playa Grande that stopped, took a leak then when leaving threw all their trash out including a trash bag on the ground and smoked the tires, so cool!

Also loved how many guys locked up their brakes on the road after just passing people to see access points? Seems people get stupider every year

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Or how about the "pot hole" the size of the entire road? It gobbled up a couple chase crews tires that I know of, including one of ours.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Or how about the "pot hole" the size of the entire road? It gobbled up a couple chase crews tires that I know of, including one of ours.

Went through that in the fog going south, saw about 5 trucks and a van changing flats directly after it.

Heading home Saturday we broke a bolt and shackle around El Crucero. Can't remember the team who stopped to help but they saved our a$$ only lost a little over an hour.

firedog

Reaction
We bent an axle on the trailer between Ensenada and Maneadero on Tues headed to Contingency, not going fast but hit a huge hole. Took the Jeep off the trailer and towed the trailer empty until we got it fixed in La Paz for the drive home.

BHollander

Reaction
A buddy of mine built this trailer for baja and naturally I needed it so we horse traded and I got it. Long story short it is perfect for the jacked up road in baja. It runs a 35 " e rated tire and my full size bronco firs on it no problem. Trailer is roughly 87-88" wide so if mirriors clear trailer will clear. We did 2000 miles in baja with it in tow every mile. Zero issues. This trailer has roughly 7 or 8 peninsula runs on it from Nor Cal before I got it. Also all of our gear was locked up and safe.
20171115_153143.jpg

Zambo

Reaction
A buddy of mine built this trailer for baja and naturally I needed it so we horse traded and I got it. Long story short it is perfect for the jacked up road in baja. It runs a 35 " e rated tire and my full size bronco firs on it no problem. Trailer is roughly 87-88" wide so if mirriors clear trailer will clear. We did 2000 miles in baja with it in tow every mile. Zero issues. This trailer has roughly 7 or 8 peninsula runs on it from Nor Cal before I got it. Also all of our gear was locked up and safe. View attachment 186158
Thats a great trailer. I saw one like that made by Trailers Unlimited but it was too big and heavy for my SxS so I'm gonna build a similar but lighter weight one myself. Nice having the tunnel between the ramp area for spare tires and pit boxes.