• Forum membership has its advantages....

Trailer

novaman64

Didn’t wanna fork out the dough for a new trailer. Had a old livestock trailer that needed some love, so decided to re-purpose it.

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

Apparently my stock trailer used the walls and roof for sheer (didn't even bother looking at it before I started cutting). Ordered up some 2x6x.125 tubing for the frame and tongue. The axles are 5k tandem with electric brakes, so when Im not hauling my UTV and bikes, it can double to move my tractor.
IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

View attachment 203329

Prolly overkill, but beefed up the tongue. Should handle a fair amount of weight....
IMG_6056.jpg

Still need to finish putting in a couple decking supports, then run the wiring and build drive over fenders. Getting closer...

Last edited:

jon coleman

when you do drive over ramps, tie them in like a bridge truss, kill two brds one stone, that front clip could make a nice aero / spare tire rack set up.oh, just seen last pic,total demo!, nice

novaman64

when you do drive over ramps, tie them in like a bridge truss, kill two brds one stone, that front clip could make a nice aero / spare tire rack set up.oh, just seen last pic,total demo!, nice
Ya, debating doing fold up ramps or what to do. I was thinking of making slots so they just slide in under the deck, out of the way and quieter when driving on bumpy roads. Front, ya, was thinking of doing a trailer spare on the bottom of the tongue, then doing some kind of rack for fuel and UTV spares, still need to figure that one out.

y2kbaja

My BIL mounts his spare on a spare hub, bearing and spindle mounted on the trailer. Two actually.

dan200

#BSF200
I am not a fan of the ramps that store underneath. We switched to a utv for our prerunner and just have a light duty landscaping type trailer now. It has maybe 2.5 foot walls on it and stretched metal drawbridge style ramp. Its just easy. I just undo a couple padlocks and it drops down. It is also helpful if your tie down set up fails because its a backstop. If you are like us and have spare tires or gear bags under the utv on the trailer floor this makes sure they dont fall off the back.

I am a big fan fan of trailers that have some kind of sides on them and the drawbridge style ramps after using the opposite of that for many years. They are just less work and ya cant lose the ramps. Sure they rattle a little but its way in the back and has never been loud enough for it to be of any annoyance to me.

jon coleman

not a fan of fold up ramps, they are always there and in the way and not adjustable, tire under front of tounge works good .also a truck bed tool box up front are handy storing junk.check turn clearance on up front stuff

Bert is my name

Hold on while I grab my ramps. And a jack .and some boards.

Put a jack on the trailer that will jack it up high enough to allow you to drive up.

jon coleman

race cars always roll right off, after race, some times it can be a 12 pac job just to get the carcass back to to your local fab dude