trans. cooler location?

singlehanded

Reaction
Where is the best place to put my trans cooler for best air flow in rear cage?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

singlehanded

Reaction
By the way it is 10"x10"x3/4" two stacks and a 10" fan behind the two stacks. total dimensions are 16"x10"x4 1/2"deep. should it face the side for best airflowor forward will it get any air from over the cab, should I mount it off the two middle cross bars, maybe fab something there? any ideas installing this weekend with my c4.thanks

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

singlehanded

Reaction
come on somebodys gotta have an idea or thought of where best to place it for max air flow?

hoeker

Reaction
shouldn't matter much if you have a good fan on it and good quality coolers. put it where it's protected from tire debris. a friend on mine has his facing back, about even with the bed side and 6" from the cab. works fine.

those c-4's are good trans, but have very litttle extra flid capacity to help with heat disapation. i would recomend a deep pan, and make sure you can keep it cool, before you go out and beat the heck out of it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rosshoek.com>www.rosshoek.com</A>

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

RacerX

Reaction
you have to find out which way the air is flowing through your back area. Tape some streamers to differnt places in the rear, and drive down the road and see which way they are blowing. Thats the best way to find out where to place it.

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks

singlehanded

Reaction
My friend gonna give me a stock c-4 pan that is deeper, doesnt have a drain plug but for now thats alright

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Tap a whole for a temp gage while you are at it.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

hoeker

Reaction
i usually use the temp sender hole for the drain. 1/2 the work

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks

singlehanded

Reaction
Was going to buy a deeper pan from summit tonight. My friend recommended a tci w/ filter extention its around a hundred bucks its what he has in his c-4. Anybody know if this will work fine for my application he has a dragster?

singlehanded

Reaction
its got a drain plug and holds 1 more quart also has fins on bottom for better cooling. We were going to run the temp guage from the lines.

hoeker

Reaction
that should work good. be careful installing it, some of the cast pans need a little clearancing by the shifter mechanism.

i like to run my temp gauge in the line too. true operating temp.

singlehanded

Reaction
thanks.....

singlehanded

Reaction
So one more ? whats the best way to run a sensor to a steel braided line? dash 8 by the way and where can I get a sensor from?

hoeker

Reaction
i usually run a remote oil filter, they have an extra hole for a temp sender. keeps the fluid nice longer too.

need to change the filter regularly.