Transferring pre-run notes to Lowrance

E.Hagle

Reaction
Curious to hear your guys’ procedure and I’d be grateful for the advice.

What unit do you take notes on or what app do you use in conjunction with an iPad?

How do you convert those and then upload them to a Lowrance effectively?

TRAVISD

Reaction
What Lowrance are you using? Some are touch screen and you can put the notes in while prerunning. With the iPad you can use LeadNav and do the notes that way as well. Then email yourself the file and then transfer it to a card.

critter81

Reaction
I just use these
1610506353898.png

E.Hagle

Reaction
Currently using an iPad with Gaia in our rzr. Our race car has an HDS Carbon 9. Our team started racing this year. We’ve been buying notes at each race but would love to learn how to input our own. With enough trial and error I could figure it out I’m just looking for a leg up to save some time.

PaulW

Reaction
Lowrance old school method
While making a new track and following the organizer track. Make a WP at the desired place and have your codog make a notes in your tracklog book - Pencil & paper. Make the organizer track view only and the new track view and record.
When you get home display the new track on your PC and add the notes and various ICONS from your log at the WPs you chose. Some PC SW will not allow the necessary ICONS Lowrance uses so you have to do that after editing the new track and loading it into the Lowrance then add the ICONS.
You can avoid the paper & pencil with an audio recorder like a phone.
Ipad is not something I use except for my audio. My SW is not compatible with Apple/Lowrance.

AZ7000'

Reaction
Voice recorder then hours of transcribing and data entry. A dedicated team member not working on the truck but all on the GPS. Then redo big parts of it as new course files come out.

EL ROMAN

Reaction
Curious as to why you use the iPad in the prerun to take notes then use the Lowrance for race. Ever since I made the switch to the iPad, I only use the Lowrance as dash decor 😆. JK I do use it as a back up, and I have visibility to it as a driver. But the amount of detail and ease of use on the iPad, made it a no brainer for us to make the switch. Have it mounted using the Mob Armor case and mount with the external GPS (SkyPro). Haven't had issues with it (like some folks have said it's overheated on them) and has worked every time. Every once in a while we forget to lock the screen so the map is dancing through the bumps from landscape to portrait until the co-dog locks it back. Makes for good in car camera entertainment.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Lowrance with a good ol fashion digital recorder. We drop waypoints and then use the digital recorder to say what the obstacle was. We go back into the GPS and label them after we're done. All the new GPS are all touchscreen keyboards now. Before the nice new touch screens, we used the GDM6 program to label them all on the laptop.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Curious as to why you use the iPad in the prerun to take notes then use the Lowrance for race. Ever since I made the switch to the iPad, I only use the Lowrance as dash decor 😆. JK I do use it as a back up, and I have visibility to it as a driver. But the amount of detail and ease of use on the iPad, made it a no brainer for us to make the switch. Have it mounted using the Mob Armor case and mount with the external GPS (SkyPro). Haven't had issues with it (like some folks have said it's overheated on them) and has worked every time. Every once in a while we forget to lock the screen so the map is dancing through the bumps from landscape to portrait until the co-dog locks it back. Makes for good in car camera entertainment.
I already had an iPad is really the only reason. Might upgrade to a Lowrance for the prerunner next model around.

mxben

Reaction
Curious to hear your guys’ procedure and I’d be grateful for the advice.

What unit do you take notes on or what app do you use in conjunction with an iPad?

How do you convert those and then upload them to a Lowrance effectively?

just remember it all bro