transmission & Engine AN Hose Sizes ??

motoxscott

Reaction
I'm gonna plumb a transmission cooler and engine cooler pretty soon and I was curious what size AN hose you would recommend using?

I'm thinking -8 or -10 for the engine oil and -6 or -8 for the transmission oil.

..............both coolers are Setrab fan packs, the engine cooler is a single pass and the transmission is a dual pass.

Thanks,

-Scott

hoeker

Reaction
-6 for the transmission is OK for a milder engine, i used -8 on my race truck. for the engine oil on a v-8 don't go any smaller than -10, preferrably -12. don't skimp on hose size it isn't worth it. some hoses have different ID for the same AN size, keep that in mind too. transmission should be teflon to handle the heat, engine can be regular aeroquip or equivalent. also pay attention to how much hose you use, make it as short as possible.

www.rosshoek.com

NicksTrix

Reaction
don't forget to take in consideration what size the ports are in your motor and trans. won't do you much good running a extra large line into a small hole in/out of the block/case. you don't say if you are wet or dry sump on the motor.

motoxscott

Reaction
I talked to Baker Precision this afternoon and they said they recommend -6 for transmission oil and -10 or -12 for engine oil.

Thanks for the help guys, as of now I'm planning on running -8 for the transmission and -12 for the engine. We'll see once I get into it and start running lines and getting connectors.

Thanks again,

-Scott

hoeker

Reaction
there's no such thing as too big, most transmission's are 1/8 npt outlet, but nobody runs -2 line

desertracer

Reaction
Baker is a great place to get all the lines and fittings. You can save yourself a few dollars and order it online. That is what we did and PJ gave us a price break on it as opposed to going in and ordering from the counter. Great customer service and they have everything you need.

motoxscott

Reaction
I went to Baker for the first time today to swap out some fittings. I know next time I'm leaving my credit card at home. They have way too much stuff I want.

Seriously, that is the place to go for fittings, hoses, adaptors, etc etc. and they have it all right there.

-Scott

BradM

Reaction
If you are in the valley, try Orme Bros on Parthenia in Northridge. They have about any kind of fitting or hose you could ever want too. $$$