TRASH left at the MORE race.

sparkypyro

Reaction
This needs it's own thread. Next race I'm gonna start taking pictures of the other remote pits near my pit and see whats left after the race and then post the pics of those respective areas with team numbers when possible on here and RDC for all to see. This was total B.S. Pick up the garbage you bring in. If they ride in with you YOU are responsible for the garbage they leave.

Wanted to say nice job to the group at MM20 a few feet north of the road crossing and about 50 yards west of Stoddard Valley Rd just across the course from the Checkers pit. Came back to that spot around 11:30pm after going to help our truck with a coil problem and the place looked like a back alley in T.J. I picked up around 15 beer cans and close to 10 empty water bottles plus a few other pieces of trash. Next time stay home, your not wanted in the desert!

Link to the thread on D.R. http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=95441

Tundranation

Reaction
Great point !!!!!! Everyone has got to do their part !! No excuse for TRASH !!!!!!

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
I think thats a great idea! We put trash bags in each one of our pit boxes. There is no excuse for leaving ANYTHING behind!

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
yeah i agree... i tell my guys to pick up their pit and wutever mess may b left over... it sickens me to think that people that enjoy the desert are being a part of the problem why it is being shut down... grow up and take responsibility for the trash u leave lying around!!! great idea make it known publicaly who is screwing it up for the rest of us!!!

referman

Reaction
I agree! Casey @ BITD continues to preach at every rider /drivers meetings about cleaning up the pits and yet the volunteers of BITD STILL have to go around and pick up trash and crap left behind by those irresponsible NUT BAGS that can't be responsible. Some races have pits on private lands, to what reaction would those same people have if people dumped trash on their property and left? I'm with ya, if I see teams or others leaving trash behind and driving off I'm gonna take pics and post em. Great Idea. I even pick up other peoples trash in my riding areas in the desert just so attention isn't drawn and more land gets shut down.

LVJames...

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Man this is a GREAT thread!!! Hopefully if these people are publicly exposed they will change their tune and pick up after themselves!! We all love the desert... some of us more than others I guess... it's not hard to pick up your trash and throw it in the back of your truck, trailer or even car!! Anytime I go camping I usually end up picking up more trash than I brought in because I want to make sure that I'm not leaving any reason for someone to complain.

It's easy to remember and easy to do PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT!!! :D

Shaggy

Reaction
Not only here, but down south too. Everyone notices and eventually it will come back and haunt us. We always find a place to dump our trash.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Not only here, but down south too. Everyone notices and eventually it will come back and haunt us. We always find a place to dump our trash.
Down south is REALLY a joke....:mad::mad::mad:

WORCS332

Reaction
I think that everyone should bring one trashcan and just put it in the middle of the pit.

LARDOG

Reaction
Posting photos of the trashers with the team number of the ones they support is a great ideal. In the past I have gone to peoples pits that were next to ours to clean up the trash they had left behind.Most teams do clean up after them selfs, but there are always the ones who do not care. MAY THE DESERT BE CLEAN,please pick up after your selfs.

DanDan

Reaction
I think that everyone should bring one trashcan and just put it in the middle of the pit.
We tie garbage bags to the mirrors on the pit side doors of the RVs. There is always a place to throw trash somewhere very close.

At one race there was a nearby pit that had trash all over the ground the morning after the race. One of our guys put his 'tude on and carried over a trash bag and gave them no uncertain directions on it's use. They took his suggestion and picked up the trash. A little later were busy breaking down the pit and someone noticed that the jerks left the trash bag behind when they left camp. They had to drive right by the dumpster on the way to the highway. That will always be the first thing I remember when I see that team at a race.

Shaggy

Reaction
Down south is REALLY a joke....:mad::mad::mad:
What sucks about that is sometimes, we leave a clean area where our Mag7 pit was, but then the rest of the area nearby is trashed by locals. We make it a point not to be part of that, either here in the states or down there. :)

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
San Felipe was I was reffering to too!!!:mad::mad:
What was so $****y about our situation was people showed up and were trashing OUR area. Literally throwing cans between our trucks and right behind where we were sitting

I've also seen it pretty bad in Laughlin along the fence on a windy day

Chase 2

Reaction
We picked up every little bit of trash leftover from Adam's yard sale!!! I can't say that we repaired all of the divots he may have dug but hey.....

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
As a rescue worker we are often the last to leave certain areas. I have to say its frustrating when we have to see the trash left behind so we can pick it up. We work along side BLM rangers and its not fun hearing the comments they have about racers and the trash left behind. We know its not always racers but sometimes the fans of racing. However, some of the rangers don't see it as two different sources of trash. If you don't have a trash bag...I carry quite a few. So if you see my truck feel free to ask for one.

bomber

Reaction
I've been saying this for a few years; the promoter should try, in an effort to make less trouble for themselves, using a service like THIS and placing these around the pits and handing one to the team members heading out to a remote pit. Hey if they're already collecting trash after the race, these will help control where the trash is and expedite the process. Not sure why anyone would think that individual responsibility is going to increase significantly to where we have people that will literally not trash our dezert.

I noticed at the San Diego boat races that these little, cheap containers were everywhere and it helped control the trash with so many people around. Not sure what the expense would cost, but I think it would help tremendously.