Travel Advisory for I-15 to and from Vegas

M_Solms

Reaction
Found this posted, plan your travel around this mess.

Transportation officials say rock blasting will force closures twice a week for the next 10 weeks on a stretch of Interstate 15 near the California-Nevada state line.

Caltrans says travel lanes will be closed at 10 a.m. for up to 90 minutes every Tuesday and Thursday morning between Bailey and Nipton roads near Wheaton Springs, Calif.

Motorists heading to Las Vegas are being encouraged to wait in Baker.

Drivers traveling to California are being advised to wait in the state line town of Primm.

The $91 million project is to widen about 12 miles of I-15 in the area through Mountain Pass.

The current schedule of blasting is expected to be completed by the end of October. The entire project should be finished in fall 2010.

whiteboy72

Reaction
man i heard bout it but thought it was a joke guess its true if im reading it here too this blows!

M_Solms

Reaction
man i heard bout it but thought it was a joke guess its true if im reading it here too this blows!
On the CHP web site Tuesday morning it showed closing both directions at 10:03 a.m.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Just happened to catch this info on the news the other night... That may put a damper on heading to any Nevada races on Thursday... :(

M_Solms

Reaction
Just happened to catch this info on the news the other night... That may put a damper on heading to any Nevada races on Thursday... :(
If it has to be done I think this is the best way. It is closed at the same time frame on the same days so you know to go early or sleep in.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
If it has to be done I think this is the best way. It is closed at the same time frame on the same days so you know to go early or sleep in.
I agree... it has to get done and it's going to be a pain for someone no matter when they do it... I opt for sleeping in!!! :D

Come on Gabby, you know you want to hang in Baker!;)
LOL Tony... yes Baker.. my dream destination... Home of one big azz thermometer and crappy food LOL

BGRANT

Reaction
Drove south through it on Monday and north through it on Tuesday night. The sign said I 15 closure at Baker 10-11 AM on the 13th I believe. Kind of hard to catch it at 85 mph.

HarleyR

Reaction
If you dont want to wait you can always go 27 out of baker past Dumont hook a right towards Tecopa follow that and take another right on the road that eventually becomes Blue Diamond... I forgot the route number.... but its almost as fast as 15 when you take traffic into consideration I wouldnt reccomend it if you have a trailer of substantial size.... but the drive is nice... pretty desert and no left lane sitters to deal with.....