Travel Channel

erikh

Reaction
FYI, there was just a show on the Travel Channel called Extreme 4x4 with a repeat at 10:00 PM PST. I only saw the last five minutes of the one at 7:00 but there was a segment about Steve Barlow in his Pro Truck at the Baja 500. It was pretty cool.

erik

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by erikh on 02/16/03 08:12 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Yea I saw the last 15 min. It was pretty tight cuz that was the part where the had the off road racing on.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

Eric_M

Reaction
i saw it about 5 minutes after 7:00 and it was pretty cool, but i liked the last 30 minutes or however long it was when they were following steve barlow (sp?) sucks when the one guy got his hand stuck in the wench!! that had to have messed his hand up pretty good!

stupid people shouldnt breed!

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I just saw the 10pm one. I thought the show was great. They had good video and the narration was decent. The near miss with the TT and the crewcab at a road crossing was as close as you can get.
Props to the Travel Channel.

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>

erikh

Reaction
I think that was actually Herzog in a Pro Truck who almost got drilled.

erik

JBO

Reaction
It looked like the Riviera TT, almost Nailing that Crew Cab ford....I bet that guy soiled himself, what an id pulling out blind onto the course.
It was a pretty good show, if you missed it, try to catch it next time. Some poor guy got his hand stuck in a winch...OUCH

Clifford

Reaction
I saw the episode, too. It was some good footage. The intros made it seem like all about the Baja and not a feature of Steve Barlow, though. Usually, I would say this is misleading but desert racing needs all the attention it can get.

For those that really watched it, what other race did they use footage from?

By the way, I'll bet anyone here that thinks the truck that almost got T-boned by the Chevy 4-door was anything other than the Herzog PT, $100.00. Any takers??????

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Cliff, your right it was a tan Chevy crew cab and the herzog truck.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
At the beginning of the Baja Segment they showed footage from the Laughlin road crossing. Is that what you were referring to Clifford?

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>

Clifford

Reaction
That's it. They showed various clips of the Laughlin road crossing. The only one that comes to mind right now is the truggy. I think there were other shots from Laughlin also.