Travis Pastrana is Racing The Mint

Jaden

Some opinions are closer to the mark than others; in my minds eye. Travis qualifying within the top 10 is do-able if he has one of two issues taken care of. #1 Test time to feel out the truck before qualifying and #2 an identical Qual set up as Bryce.

IE Kroyer Built Billet Aluminum Looose Converter, Qual Trans, 6.20 Ring Gear and Pro2/Pro4 Soft Compound BFG's. Not to mention Same 477 Kroyer Dart Block that Bryce has. I doubt his truck will be prepped equally with all the goodies as Bryce's Truck.

Travis has natural talent and can wheel almost anything without fear. I'm sure JJones back up Geiser that Steve Menzies bought will serve him well. They handle the rough well and stay together as long as Prep is stellar. But we all know they push in the corners. If he adapts well then it may come down to pit service and who has priority of the two team mates as far as a top ten is considered. Lets hope they have enough people to cover the pits as I know they are short handed in the shop as it is.

Either way he is a great draw for the sport and hope he is given the same fighting advantage as his team mate. I am looking forward to the end result of all the madness!!

Last edited:

tapeworm

The biggest problem handle bar guys have with transferring over to cars is body english. When on a bike you can use your body to correct for mistakes and in a car all you have is steering wheel and gas/brake. When he was in a car years ago he still hadn't mastered this. It is possible that he could have figured this out now though. The only thing that is for sure about Pastrana is he is unpredictable. So who knows what will happen.

michael_loomis

Travis Pastrana has (4) Rally America championships in his pocket. That wasn't a fluke. TP knows how to make 4 wheels with a steering wheel go fast.

Yes, but he also had 2 DNF's 3 of the 4 seasons in the AAA of Rally. Wasn't as successful against the big boys.

Looking at his results, the last season was win or break.

He can win, just needs to be juuuust a tad more conservative.

MADMILLER

Tp will have the best of the best. It's dougans power. The truck has gone through a full prep being overseen by Bryce's own Pete m.he will have a experienced co driver who prepped the truck.they are running 3 separate main pit setup one for each truck. I will be working one and there will be enough help.i expect great showing.

J Prich

I don't think it really matters how he does. The fact that he's coming to race the Mint is a win in my book. The TT field is very quickly becoming a who's who of the dirt motorsports world and I think it bodes well for the future. There are plenty of other TTs in the field that have less wheel time and a less impressive resume than Pastrana has.

Going to be so many great story lines for the TT race.

TJ_Gambino

Tp will have the best of the best. It's dougans power. The truck has gone through a full prep being overseen by Bryce's own Pete m.he will have a experienced co driver who prepped the truck.they are running 3 separate main pit setup one for each truck. I will be working one and there will be enough help.i expect great showing.

OK, so TP is a natural talent (well thats what other people here say) and will have all of the best power, prep and all that goes with it. With that said, TP should post a top 10 in the race, not just qualifying.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
I don't think it really matters how he does. The fact that he's coming to race the Mint is a win in my book. The TT field is very quickly becoming a who's who of the dirt motorsports world and I think it bodes well for the future. There are plenty of other TTs in the field that have less wheel time and a less impressive resume than Pastrana has. Going to be so many great story lines for the TT race.
X2

This is a positive for all teams, sponsors and fans.

Thank you TP and good luck!

:)

Jimmy8

I feel bad for Travis to be honest. It's threads like this that make me feel that way. He is an amazing talent, and did I mention an absolute stand up guy, but you guys are giving him a ZERO learning curve. Anyone expecting a win out of him in his debut is way out of reach with reality. Could he? Absolutely but it's doubtful. Having had the chance to talk with Travis, the guy is just looking to run clean, stay out of trouble, and get some seat time. He appreciates the competition level in Trophy Truck and I don't think he is expecting to come in here and show the Trophy Truck field whats up by running away with a win. Mint 400 2015? You can bet money he's going for an O/A. He'll be very competitive this year though, and my bet is if he stays clean he'll wind up in the top 10. We are very lucky to have him racing. Thanks TP!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
The guy jumps tricycles from 50 story tall buildings for a living. I don't think a Trophy truck is gonna scare him. Top 5 in qualifying though? Hm...k. Lot's of talent is coming to the Mint this year, I'll be surprised if he breaks Top 20. I'm excited to see him running, he's a good dude and a good guy representing off-road.

CRAIG_HALL

No need to judge him for coming to what so many people think is our sport. Do you think celebrities (I'll call TP that) were judged so harshly back in the day? It's guaranteed to be extra press for everyone there racing.

Vision Hype

Travis will be fast in that truck. He has more seat time behind the wheel of a race vehicle than 90% of the people out there and has great equipment. No, he is not a seasoned trophy truck driver but he knows how to read terrain from his years and year on a motorcycle. Im sure he will be very fun to watch, I'm sure he is getting top notch support and prep from the Menzies team which will help get him to the finish line. Would be really cool to see him finish with a top 10!

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Travis will be fast in that truck. He has more seat time behind the wheel of a race vehicle than 90% of the people out there and has great equipment. No, he is not a seasoned trophy truck driver but he knows how to read terrain from his years and year on a motorcycle. Im sure he will be very fun to watch, I'm sure he is getting top notch support and prep from the Menzies team which will help get him to the finish line. Would be really cool to see him finish with a top 10!
No doubt

deano

McDeano
There's been a few two-wheel racers who have changed over to four, that have been pretty successful :
Robby Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Jeremy McGrath
Ricky Johnson
Brian Deegan

A Vance

A
There's been a few two-wheel racers who have changed over to four, that have been pretty successful :
Robby Gordon
Jimmie Johnson
Jeremy McGrath
Ricky Johnson
Brian Deegan[/quote

How do you leave Larry rosseler off that list?

jowoog

won't finish ,

DesertGuy1

Some sound like this is his first time racing off road... Either he will charge hard and break/wad up OR be conservative (knowing history) and get lost in the pack..... With All Due Respect.