Travis Pastrana is Racing The Mint

CRAIG_HALL

More or less, being his first???? Situation like this, he forgot to kill the batteries (fuel pump) before he climbed out. Hence why the lights on the light bar were still on when the car was engulfed in fire
I'll have to dig up those pics...

Capt223

Having Travis Pastrana promote the Mint 400 is all good. He crosses outside of our desert racing community and will certainly increase the visibility of this event. I like the direction the Mint is heading and I am pumped to be part of its continued assent upward.

michael_loomis

More or less, being his first???? Situation like this, he forgot to kill the batteries (fuel pump) before he climbed out. Hence why the lights on the light bar were still on when the car was engulfed in fire
Last I heard, it wasn't a single seater, if you know what I mean.

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Last I heard, it wasn't a single seater, if you know what I mean.
And the battery switch was at his left knee being the driver. After that race the HMS cars moved the battery switch to the passenger side. Casey knows what was up, but the locals pulled him away from the car before he could get to it.

Just a lot of bad luck all at once. That day Craig (hall) and Damen had tavo in his protruck parked on the engine cage while stuck in the silt. If memory serves me right, Damen and Craig hopped out earlier than expected, and Travis / Casey hopped in, in a section they hadn't prerun?

SunsetCliffsMocos

I don't get why Pastrana gets so much hate on this site, other than jealousy? I've never seen somebody take more crap for wadding up a truck?? Nobody else wads up their equipment?

The deal south of LA Bay has been beaten ad nauseum, those vados there have gotten more than a few experienced racers over the years as you can really cook through there and some of those things you cant see till the last second.

Good luck to the guy, it's more good news for desert racing and for the Mint 400!

MXShea

MX know-it-all
I don't get why Pastrana gets so much hate on this site, other than jealousy? I've never seen somebody take more crap for wadding up a truck?? Nobody else wads up their equipment?

The deal south of LA Bay has been beaten ad nauseum, those vados there have gotten more than a few experienced racers over the years as you can really cook through there and some of those things you cant see till the last second.

Good luck to the guy, it's more good news for desert racing and for the Mint 400!
I hear ya. I think some people are posting what they hope will happen, and it's weird.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

michael_loomis

I hear ya. I think some people are posting what they hope will happen, and it's weird.

Don't get your panties all wadded up folks. We all are grateful he's there and he's fast.

Some of are just noting the results he's had in just about everything.

The guy is a stud no doubt. I'm trying to figure out how I can get to Vegas to watch him qual and race on a shoestring budget. Haha

Offspring

No hate, but it has been a long dry spell. Better racers have got a lot more hate than this around here. All eyes will certainly be on him....again, I wish him nothing but good fortune.

MXShea

MX know-it-all
Don't get your panties all wadded up folks. We all are grateful he's there and he's fast.

Some of are just noting the results he's had in just about everything.

The guy is a stud no doubt. I'm trying to figure out how I can get to Vegas to watch him qual and race on a shoestring budget. Haha
My post in here was that I hope and think he will do well but might break the truck as he has a history of being hard on equipment.
I think SOME people though, HOPE he breaks/crashes. That is what is weird to me.

Can't wait to see him out there!

tapeworm

He generates a lot of interest. How many other trophy truck drivers have a thread trending on RDC right now? Jsh Daniels does but very few others do.

spalind

If you compare him to Ken Block, TP treats his vehicles with kid gloves...

spalind

In Missouri today doing shakedown before this weekend's 100 Acre Wood event..

PDANK Racing

He also ran 2012 San Felipe 250, in sportsman buggy. Finished 134 OA, even split driving duties with his wife.

DirtDgr

He does have a 125 National Championship under his belt as well as an East coast Supercross one. Most people cant say that.

Go Travis!

dfresh

2nd place finish for TP at 100 acre woods. Not bad after 3 years hiatus. Whose truck is he running at the Mint?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
He raced a standard HMS class 1 in the 2006 Baja 1000. Wound up on his lid in the race and the car burnt down due to a little lack of experience on TP's behalf and a lot of bad luck all at once.

Casey (cjefferies) was his navigator that day.
Really? Unbelievable comments take place on this site.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Want to see him testing the TT. Hopefully not with same result as the 1 car during that race. But would only be a dent in the pocket on menzies. Hope he finishes top 10! Such a cool dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He put a 100 miles in with Bryce on Tuesday in the TT.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
This comment shows you have absolutely zero knowledge of what actually happened.