Travis Pastrana is Racing The Mint

Jimmy8

After talking with Travis this week (Listen to the Interview on this coming Monday's Down & Dirty Radio Show) he knows exactly what he is doing and what he is in for. There are no visions of granduer and running away with an O/A in his head. The guy has mad respect for the current TT field and respects the vehicles themselves. Mark my word, he will be competitive in a TT and let's look at the facts, he has more right to be in a Trophy Truck than half the guys in the class.

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Really? Unbelievable comments take place on this site.
Thanks for your input. Please tell me why he forgot to kill the battery switch? I love the guy, wish he could come play with us more. On this specific day, it was a lack of experience in the class 1 car.

This comment shows you have absolutely zero knowledge of what actually happened.
I actually know quite a bit about it. I stayed at a holiday in express last night... oh wait, that's not it.... umm.. oh yeah, I worked for damen jefferies and had to move the chassis from a few different corners of the shop during my tenure.

What else don't I know about the situation? Please enlighten.

And again, this dude is my idol so just chill out Travis.

PDANK Racing

Qualified 19th, pretty solid considering the talented roster. Excited to see what he can do.

Dirty*

Qualified 19th, pretty solid considering the talented roster. Excited to see what he can do.
After talking with Travis this week (Listen to the Interview on this coming Monday's Down & Dirty Radio Show) he knows exactly what he is doing and what he is in for. There are no visions of granduer and running away with an O/A in his head. The guy has mad respect for the current TT field and respects the vehicles themselves. Mark my word, he will be competitive in a TT and let's look at the facts, he has more right to be in a Trophy Truck than half the guys in the class.

Hope to see Travis do well at the 400. Looks like Jimmy8 was right on with his statement. Good luck to all the racers.

"Mark my word, he will be competitive in a TT and let's look at the facts, he has more right to be in a Trophy Truck than half the guys in the class" Jimmy8

mexgamer

yeah 19th out of like 80 trucks and buggies is not bad at all! If he finishes, I'm sure he'll be in the top 15 TT. Maybe even top 20 O/A. And I'm saying "if he finishes" because a lot can go wrong, not just him, but everybody.

Bump n Roll

Caught the Nitro Circus this year..Travis and his troop are an amazing bunch of athletes with huge skills. For sure if Travis Pastrana is out there anything is possible...GO Travis!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Thanks for your input. Please tell me why he forgot to kill the battery switch? I love the guy, wish he could come play with us more. On this specific day, it was a lack of experience in the class 1 car.

I actually know quite a bit about it. I stayed at a holiday in express last night... oh wait, that's not it.... umm.. oh yeah, I worked for damen jefferies and had to move the chassis from a few different corners of the shop during my tenure.

What else don't I know about the situation? Please enlighten.

And again, this dude is my idol so just chill out Travis.
Then you should have known who's responsibility it was to kill the battery and handle situations where TP's lack of experience was potentially a problem. I'd say that would qualify as one of those situations.

CJEFFERIES

The battery switch was on the drivers side in those cars. The way the people were forcing us away from that car was nuts when it all happened. They must have watched all the 007 movies that morning since they were insistant it was going to "blow".

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Then you should have known who's responsibility it was to kill the battery and handle situations where TP's lack of experience was potentially a problem. I'd say that would qualify as one of those situations.

See cjefferies post. Battery switch was at his left knee as the driver. Impossible to reach as the co-dog.

Last edited:

CJEFFERIES

Yep. Move on. Bad subject. There were 2 of us there. When you endo and your shield is full of blood (busted lip) and people are at your window telling you are on fire you get out.

michael_loomis

Finished 3rd physically, 4th on time after Dan's new number breaks the barrier. (Pair of 3's, go figure)

Congrats Travis! I would have guessed top 10 at best against this field.

martein

Looks like some people will owe some money. Now maybe people will give him the credit he deserves. He got in a 3 wide drag race into pit B and was the last to lift. He came in hotter and shut it down with more control than almost every other driver in his class. The boy can drive weather it be a big wheel or a trophy truck.

goofballracer

PAT DAILEY #1 FAN
Travis is the man !

Slippery P

That's awesome glad to see he finished well.

notime

NTR Films media guy
i bet he didnt scratch the TT, #respect awesome result