• Forum membership has its advantages....

Travis Pastrana sets new Mount Washington Hillclimb record!

spalind

insanely fast on that mountain...he was pushing too...most corners he had the inside front wheel off the road. Higgins would have been close if not faster if he had not wrecked...but that's the game...3 years before anyone gets a chance at that again...

Chris Tobin

That was awesome, and without a navigator too, memorizing the course would not be easy!!!

I wonder if he will ever run Pikes Peak???

spalind

That was awesome, and without a navigator too, memorizing the course would not be easy!!!

I wonder if he will ever run Pikes Peak???
Pike's used to be on the Rally America schedule back in the day I think...he may have run it a decade or so ago

yeah looks like he ran it back in '04 at least...

Chris Tobin

Pike's used to be on the Rally America schedule back in the day I think...he may have run it a decade or so ago

yeah looks like he ran it back in '04 at least...
Thanks Dan... I wonder if he will do the current paved Pikes Peak??? The kid is fearless and can wheel a car for sure!!!

Jimmy8

I was at this event with Subaru. This mountain in 10 times more sketchy than Pike Peak. TP put on a clinic. At some point people are going to realize Travis is one of the most versatile race car drivers in the world. Only guy I've ever seen who can be competitive in NASCAR, Desert Racing, Short Course, RZR's, anything with a dirt bike, stage rally, rallycross, and hill climb. I'd put him up there with Loeb, Valentino Rossi, and Robby Gordon as the most versatile on the planet.

spalind

I was at this event with Subaru. This mountain in 10 times more sketchy than Pike Peak. TP put on a clinic. At some point people are going to realize Travis is one of the most versatile race car drivers in the world. Only guy I've ever seen who can be competitive in NASCAR, Desert Racing, Short Course, RZR's, anything with a dirt bike, stage rally, rallycross, and hill climb. I'd put him up there with Loeb, Valentino Rossi, and Robby Gordon as the most versatile on the planet.
Jim, I've driven up Washington few times, hiked it, etc...and while I've seen Pikes, I've never driven it...what is the difference that you feel makes it sketchier?

Jimmy8

Jim, I've driven up Washington few times, hiked it, etc...and while I've seen Pikes, I've never driven it...what is the difference that you feel makes it sketchier?
The road is just a lot more narrow. Pikes Peak is a lot wider. Not that Pikes is safe or easy by any means, but the road at Mt Washington I'd say is half the width of Pikes in many places.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
I guess you could consider him a "kid" at 36 years, yes he can wheel a car not to bash him wait till he's my age (56) with the bones I've busted racing I can barely move some days, he has more titanium in his body than the cars he drives.