Traxxas Slash Tire Combo's

trophykat

Reaction
I have proline gladiator tires on the rear ,and I am looking for a tire that will not make the car push in the corners ,and will not wear out quickly.

Reaction
i had the same problem with my slash running gladiators. im running pro-line switch tires, and i grooved them kinda like shortcourse tires, they hook up good in the loose stuff. u would think grooving r/c tires is a bunch of b.s. but it does make a diffrence. just experiment with it until you find the right setup, kinda like shock valving. you can groove to where it helps, or it could hurt the handling. just my .02

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Try adding more spacers to the shocks to raise the truck up in the front. Sounds stupid but it works

michael_loomis

Reaction
Try adding more spacers to the shocks to raise the truck up in the front. Sounds stupid but it works
Sounds stupid the way YOUR describing it... lol

By adding spacers, you are preloading the springs... maikng the front end stiffer, and bite better in the corners.

Sucks if you want realism. Good for RC tracks though.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction

By adding spacers, you are preloading the springs... maikng the front end stiffer, and bite better in the corners.

Whatever......let me or Brad know when you actually want to race an rc car

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction

Well that's kinda correct.......The spring rate is not changed by added preload. Preload only changes ride height. Since the springs rate is progressive you are loading your ride into a stiffer portion of the spring. That's why it feels "stiffer". It's kinda like setting SAG on a dirt bike.
The ride height change is what is helping the handling, it keeps the nose from dumping over on itself. You can also get less roll to the nose by limiting the rear shock down travel. This will keep the truck more level as you brake into the corner.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
proline edge's in the front, good or bad.?????????:confused:
To answer your question directly.....Yes, the edge's are good tires but, so are the stock ones.

The real question is are they necessary or not.....

You can get the desired steering with adjustments to the car, no NEED to buy new tires......unless of course they are worn out.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Well that's kinda correct.......The spring rate is not changed by added preload. Preload only changes ride height. Since the springs rate is progressive you are loading your ride into a stiffer portion of the spring. That's why it feels "stiffer". It's kinda like setting SAG on a dirt bike.
The ride height change is what is helping the handling, it keeps the nose from dumping over on itself. You can also get less roll to the nose by limiting the rear shock down travel. This will keep the truck more level as you brake into the corner.
Haha.. your contridicting yourself.

IF the spring WASNT progressive, it would remain the same rate throughout its travel (even that is questionable since coil bind would come into play with ride height spacers added) but since its progressive, and by effectively removing the softer portion of the spring, you have completely eliminated the softer portion of the spring and changed the overall spring rate. :D:D

"the nose dumping over itself"?? is that a technical term? lol

And now your telling me raising the CG of the vehicle actually helps it turn?? oh my..

stiffer spring rates help if you dont have a sway bar installed... a sway bar would work better, and allow you to have suspension that actually works.

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
Haha.. your contridicting yourself.

IF the spring WASNT progressive, it would remain the same rate throughout its travel (even that is questionable since coil bind would come into play with ride height spacers added) but since its progressive, and by effectively removing the softer portion of the spring, you have completely eliminated the softer portion of the spring and changed the overall spring rate. :D:D

"the nose dumping over itself"?? is that a technical term? lol

And now your telling me raising the CG of the vehicle actually helps it turn?? oh my..

stiffer spring rates help if you dont have a sway bar installed... a sway bar would work better, and allow you to have suspension that actually works.

Not bad for a admitted non-racer.
I was pointing out the fact that a ride height adjustment like pre-load clips do not "change the spring rate". You use the whole spring all the time, all you have changed is what portion of the spring is being used at ride height.

So if you add pre-load to your dirt bike your increasing the spring rate?:confused:
The spring is going to be the same rate of compression at a given compression distance.

Also by raising the truck you are not eliminating the soft portion of the spring, your just not using it at ride. As you leave the ground and the shock droops it will then land using the softer portion of the spring first, instead of using it a ride.

As for the raised CG, the truck already might as well run the battery on the roof. The CG is already sky high. By raising the front end it take the suspension longer to compress, keeping the nose up as you begin your turn. Then you wont have to wait as long for the thing to come back up so you can finish the turn with the wait over the rear wheels.

So when are we going to meet up and race. You seem to be quite the sand-bagger! Or is is "Side-seat Driver" ? Lets race, we can get Nick, Josh, and maybe even Pat......I mean really "what are you they afraid of?" :eek: HAHAHAHA Just kidding

What city are you in? All jokes aside we really should get a session going were we can all have a couple beers and do some racing/bashing.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
not bad for a admitted non-racer.
I was pointing out the fact that a ride height adjustment like pre-load clips do not "change the spring rate". You use the whole spring all the time, all you have changed is what portion of the spring is being used at ride height.

So if you add pre-load to your dirt bike your increasing the spring rate?:confused:
The spring is going to be the same rate of compression at a given compression distance.

Also by raising the truck you are not eliminating the soft portion of the spring, your just not using it at ride. As you leave the ground and the shock droops it will then land using the softer portion of the spring first, instead of using it a ride.

As for the raised cg, the truck already might as well run the battery on the roof. The cg is already sky high. By raising the front end it take the suspension longer to compress, keeping the nose up as you begin your turn. Then you wont have to wait as long for the thing to come back up so you can finish the turn with the wait over the rear wheels.

So when are we going to meet up and race. You seem to be quite the sand-bagger! Or is is "side-seat driver" ? Lets race, we can get nick, josh, and maybe even pat......i mean really "what are you they afraid of?" :eek: Hahahaha just kidding

what city are you in? All jokes aside we really should get a session going were we can all have a couple beers and do some racing/bashing.
backyard series!!!

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction

michael_loomis

Reaction
Haha, I'm down Brandon.

What I know is from setting up real racecars, not RC. Some transfers over and some doesnt. In order for me to explain what I mean better I'd have to show you via drawing or in person. We'll have to have a race bash soon, lol