Traxxas Slash

RDC Crypto
i switched from the vxl system to the novak havok 8.5 system, and my motor keeps thermaling on me, im running a 18p/86sp ratio in my slash with a reedy 5000 2s lipo
anyone have problems with their havok systems? also as far as i can tell with my temp gun, the motor hasnt even hit over 180 degrees

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
RDC Crypto
i switched from the vxl system to the novak havok 8.5 system, and my motor keeps thermaling on me, im running a 18p/86sp ratio in my slash with a reedy 5000 2s lipo
anyone have problems with their havok systems? also as far as i can tell with my temp gun, the motor hasnt even hit over 180 degrees

Sounds like your gearing is off. You should be around 130-150 degrees jump up and down 2 teeth on your pinion to see what it likes.

DezYota

RDC Crypto
Sorry i cant seem to find what im looking for ... but how much is a stock short course truck or trophy truck :D

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/141950/n/Traxxas-Slash-Short-Course-1%252F10th-Off-Road-Race-Truck-%28w%252FBattery-%2526-Charger%29
Comes with a battery and charger!! I paid more than that with out.
Oh and new stuff i traded for Epic's and a carnage. Carnage is for the dunes and when i run paddles for super roost action especially with my Mamba Max 5700kv!!!
048.jpg

050.jpg

RDC Crypto
Sounds like your gearing is off. You should be around 130-150 degrees jump up and down 2 teeth on your pinion to see what it likes.

i put a mip temp gage on it today and it was running at 156degrees but still goes into thermal shutdown, the esc stays aroung 90 degrees max, im getting frusterated with this. does anyone know what temp it goes into thermal shutdown on the motor? thanks for the input:D

ColoradoZQ8

RDC Crypto
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but i gave one of the electric versions a close look while i was at a hobby shop a few days ago. It looks like traxxas based this truck off of the electric stampede. I'll be posting pics when i buy the parts to try and convert my old stampede into a baja truck. :D. For a basic conversion it looks like i'll need the centere chassis and the proper wheels.

I'm glad someone finally brought back the scale stadium trucks. I've been a huge fan of this style ever since tamiya was selling they're toyota,chevy,ford desert trucks:
https://www.toysonics.com/images/D/58161.jpg

I still think tamiya did it better though.

ColoradoZQ8

RDC Crypto
Here in Sacramento, we've been running them on the pavement course.
They've got some speed bump looking jumps setup.

Anyone in the Sac area, head to Speedway Hobbies.
We've been having a blast, even though the trucks don't handle the best
on asphalt.

do they have a website?

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Anybody have a good link to a lipo battery online that's a good deal? Finally got my lawsuit money in the mail and thinking about ordering one

thanks in advance

xLIVETODAYx

RDC Crypto
Anybody have a good link to a lipo battery online that's a good deal? Finally got my lawsuit money in the mail and thinking about ordering one

thanks in advance

Hey I just got 2 lipos of this guy named Kyle, brand new and balanced for $60 a pop. They are 2s 5000's and are kicking ass so far... Highly recommend him. Plus I didn't have to deal with Japan shipping and blah blah blah....

His name is Kyle
akbattery@gmail.com

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Just ordered a pair of lipo's from Kyle, can't wait to see how much it helps my brushless Slash, it sucks with my current batteries

Bellvis

RDC Crypto
Website
www.HummerXClub.com
how do the proline tires with the beadlocks hold up??? i shredded the stock ones. I have too much power.

I have been running the Proline Switch tires on Proline Epic beadlocks with the stock motor and ESC for a few months now and have had no problems with my setup.

There have been several reports of the tires coming loose from the beadlock when running a brushless setup though. To much power I guess. They would just end up glueing the tire on to the beadlock.

All depends on how much power you are putting to the rear wheels and if the tires and beadlocks are done right.

RDC Crypto
I have been running the Proline Switch tires on Proline Epic beadlocks with the stock motor and ESC for a few months now and have had no problems with my setup.

There have been several reports of the tires coming loose from the beadlock when running a brushless setup though. To much power I guess. They would just end up glueing the tire on to the beadlock.

All depends on how much power you are putting to the rear wheels and if the tires and beadlocks are done right.

sho goo or like a silicone adhesive works good to hold the bead in the beadlock but still lets you take the tires off the rim when they need to be changed. just a little bit around the innner and outter bead works good.

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Brushless and 3 cell lipo need beadlocks and glue. No way around it.