Traxxas Slash

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Stay with a 2 cell Lipo if you can.. the 3 cell is a headache! an extremely fast headache! LOL

nickhead

RDC Crypto
***UPDATE ON THE SLASH VXL 1/16th*** ... Very happy with it.. the 4 wheel drive is awesome just as I had hoped.. as is the Brushless setup.. **VERY FAST**.. have about 25 runs on it and have yet to have any issues.. Ran it at Glen Helen in the pits.. and all weekend long at the MORE night race.. I beat the crap out of it, the body is beat pretty good.. my only complaint is the batteries dont last as long as I could go for hrs with this truck.. ;) So I really want a 10th scale too.. so I might have to pick up the 1/10th scale too..:D All I can say is NITRO SUCKS!!.. at least in my experience the electric is trouble free..:D:D

KrAzY-Baja

RDC Crypto
i got proline switch tires then the driveshafts went so i got steel dogbones and now i have to get a new transmission??? whats next???

the axles will fail before the transmission ever will
Once you go 3s you dont go back... unless you cant control your trigger finger :D
few pics of my beasts
rcbaja023.jpg

newlipowithspc002.jpg

lcgslash010.jpg

slashuni015.jpg

slashuni012.jpg
:eek:
alipobattery005.jpg

rcbaja021.jpg

alipobattery003.jpg

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Why do these things have such gnarly "toe in" in the rear?

Is it really that hard to keep them straight?

Is the SC10 like that?

michael_loomis

RDC Crypto
Haha.. sweet shot Bellvis.. now thats what I'm talkin bout! lol

How often do you have to reinstall the tires?

RDC Crypto
so i went to arc raceway today with my slash and slayer, and tried to hang with the big dogs (everyone was running 1/8 scale buggys/truggys) long story short- brushless lipo power,2wd, bald rear tires, and loose dirt all over from big cars= locked up novak brushless motor. going to arc for the first time, is making me want a 1/8th scale more and more:cool:

randy1123

RDC Crypto
Bought my son a slash. We live in San Diego and looking for a good track to practice.
Provide some suggestions if you have some. I don't mind driving to Temecula if there is a good track.
Also, I see people speaking of metal gears. We stripped the plastic diff gear, any suggestions and the best place to buy?
Thanks to those who can help.

mcheck

STEEEKERS!!
RDC Crypto
i dont know if its still running, but family hobbys in santee used to have a rc track up at barona

FBR413

RDC Crypto
Got a Slash the other day.

What can i say? these things are killer. Got the Jerry Welchel edition and it goes as well as it looks with the 2 -cell lipo. So much less hassle than a nitro car.

Had it out drifting on my wet street last night. AWESOME!

FBR413

RDC Crypto
Hey guys,

This thread is sort of dead but I just want your expert opinions.

I have the slash, completely standard with a 5200 2 cell LiPo and it is pretty quick but just not fast enough.

I want it to be have enough power to pop wheelies with relative ease, last around 15- 25 mins of run time, and still be reasonably reliable. What mods should I do to achieve this sort of deal?

Also does anyone have links where to get Yokohama tires, Walker wheels, and a clear STANDARD body as I cant find much for them in Aus.

Cheers.

RDC Crypto
Hey guys,

This thread is sort of dead but I just want your expert opinions.

I have the slash, completely standard with a 5200 2 cell LiPo and it is pretty quick but just not fast enough.

I want it to be have enough power to pop wheelies with relative ease, last around 15- 25 mins of run time, and still be reasonably reliable. What mods should I do to achieve this sort of deal?

Also does anyone have links where to get Yokohama tires, Walker wheels, and a clear STANDARD body as I cant find much for them in Aus.

Cheers.

get the mamba max system,, plenty of speed and pop-o-wee lee power. im running the mamba max 5700 on 2s lipos and its pretty much wheelie at will..:eek:
also the pro-line switch and pro-line gladiators are where its at for tires just my $00000000000.02

Last edited:

FBR413

RDC Crypto
Thanks for the info.

The reason I want the Yoko's is because they sponsor us and we run the Walker Evans wheels on our racetruck. Going to make a mini replica sort of deal. Should be pretty cool when im done.

Thanks.