Traxxas Slash

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
RDC Crypto
Website
www.RC10.com
I'm not really sure if you are saying the Blitz is good or bad? I just found out they don't have waterproof electronics, which is kind of a bummer but I wanted to get a Desert Rat body for it right away anyways and the Slashes also have that body available and they are waterproof.

What is this about spur gears? What is a spur gear and are they expensive and what causes them to break? Also do Blitz wheels fit on a Slash? Are any of the wheel compatable between brands?

The Blitz is a great truck. Each of the trucks on the market will have good and bad points. It's all about what you plan to do with the truck. If you have plans to hit the track and race. Do not get a Slash (in my opinion). As a racer I have seen may struggle trying to make a Slash fast at the track.

For spur gears, all the trucks run plastic spur gears with aluminum or steel pinion gears. The quality of the plastic in the spur gear, the mesh between the gears, and keeping the gear mesh clean are the contributing factors to spur gear failure. Of all the SC trucks on the market, the Slash is most well known for failing spur gears.

Take a look at the NEW Team Associated SC10 RS. It's comes with a water resistant speed control, receiver box, it's brushless, 2.4g radio, and it's an SC10!!!.

http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/SC10RS/RTR/

Big Hock

Bababooey!!!
RDC Crypto
From my experience, the Slash is a great truck if you just want to bash around the backyard and possibly launch it off the roof of the house...it can do that. It can also completely submerge in water and keep running, which is insane and really cool. It also destroys spur gears every 10 minutes, and as tough as it is launching off the house if you tap a wall the wrong way you will destroy the spindles like theyre made out of paper. Weird stuff.

The SC10 is a race truck. On the track it is so much faster. It handles like a champ, like I said its a race car. It cant handle roof launches but why would you want to? LOL.

I've heard the Blitz is better than both but Ive never driven one so I cant comment.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto
From my experience, the Slash is a great truck if you just want to bash around the backyard and possibly launch it off the roof of the house...it can do that. It can also completely submerge in water and keep running, which is insane and really cool. It also destroys spur gears every 10 minutes, and as tough as it is launching off the house if you tap a wall the wrong way you will destroy the spindles like theyre made out of paper. Weird stuff.

The SC10 is a race truck. On the track it is so much faster. It handles like a champ, like I said its a race car. It cant handle roof launches but why would you want to? LOL.

I've heard the Blitz is better than both but Ive never driven one so I cant comment.

Many of these exact reasons is why I bought a Slash. I have no desire to race but beat the crap out of it. Havent had the spur gear issue that you speak of but they do wear out eventually. My son and I were jumping mine off our skateboard ramp last night. Longest jump we landed ramp to ramp was about 35 feet but crashed a million times trying. Truck is still good to go

CYS Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
It also destroys spur gears every 10 minutes,

x2 on that. I raced a Stock slash w/a LiPo battery and Proline Sniper rear Tires and I went through 3 Spur gears in 3 races.

On the Mod 2WD slash I even burnt up an Aluminum Spur Gear!!!! Go figure....

I can keep up w/any SC10 and HPI Blitz out there it just takes a good setup and driving!

And the RG body is sweet! Gonna buy one for my Slash!

9five9

RDC Crypto
I picked up a 1/16 scale brushless Slash 4x4 today. One word can be used to describe the truck: ROWDY. I got a little over-zealous, and the thing looks like I've had it for.....a little longer than I have. But it's a durable little truck, and it absolutely hauls.

Tomcar4thewin

RDC Crypto
Bah, the Traxxas is far better in the handling area IMO. I have a Slash in stock trim, a mod class Slash(all rpm parts aftermarket shocks blah blah blah) and a mod class SC10. 6 months and have not toasted a spur yet. BUT with the Slash you have to change a few things out the box to race it mainly the sorry azz wheels and tires. Prolines and adjust the slipper clutch and don't even run lipo's the power is just way to much for a beginner on a track, 5000mah nickel metal wheel yield plenty of manageable power for a beg/nov driver. The SC10 does come out the box with better speed control and motor, the Tx has a bit more inputs for breaking and power delivery but for me I can't drive it for chit, its really all over the place. I have spent more time with the setup on my mod Slash though I like them both just fonder of the Slash.

ChromolyKid

RDC Crypto
Website
www.youtube.com
New video coming soon with this:

47693dbc-42bb-a45a.jpg

47693dbc-42ed-ef49.jpg

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk.