traxxas vxl V.S. castle creations mamba max motor

blakelenk521

Reaction
Hey guys i was wondering if the mamba max setup is better than the vxl. I was thinking may be the mamba esc with the vxl motor or the other way around. thanks :D:D:D

"Lets go racing!"

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Get the Mamba, the internals on the Traxxas end up breaking off with no way to repair unless you send it in. Mamba cases are weak. Use really good servo tape and stick the crap out of it.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Traxxas will warranty anything you burn up with the motor or esc. I think the programabilty of the mamba is badass.. but its hard to match the traxxas warranty. If you race like the rest of these RC nerds, then the mamba it prob the way to go.. smoother launches... but if you just thrash the sheet out of it, I love my VXL. Its always at 200 degrees and no issues. I did smoke an ESC though.. and $45 later, I had a brand new one in the mail.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Ditto the programability on Mamba. Plug it in to your pc or laptop and the fine tuning is incredible.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
Reaction
Traxxas will warranty anything you burn up with the motor or esc. I think the programabilty of the mamba is badass.. but its hard to match the traxxas warranty. If you race like the rest of these RC nerds, then the mamba it prob the way to go.. smoother launches... but if you just thrash the sheet out of it, I love my VXL. Its always at 200 degrees and no issues. I did smoke an ESC though.. and $45 later, I had a brand new one in the mail.
200!!!! Jesus. Thats way to hot. Motor should be around 140-160 max to not limit its life span. What gearing do you have?

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
The ESC fan doesnt turn on until 150 deg on my Mamba Monster :)

michael_loomis

Reaction
200!!!! Jesus. Thats way to hot. Motor should be around 140-160 max to not limit its life span. What gearing do you have?
Ok.. I fudged a little.. the infrared gun shoes 195 when Im pavement bashing... The Traxxas manual says keep it under 200. :)

I have the highest gearing I can find from a rustler... 60+ mph gearing.. and we all know the Slash is a pig already haha. Motor has been a brute...

blakelenk521

Reaction
Im puting the motor in an sc10. i dont plan on bashing the crap out of the car but i want something that is fast fun and reliable. i might take it to the track and race it but mostly playing in the dirt.