Tremec TKO 600 or other manual transmission in a Trophy Lite?

pwerwagn

RDC Crypto
Lol funny you bring this up. I was just contemplating this today as well but more spec TT scale. I was kinda thinking even though 1st might be useless, and the weight detrimental, an nv5600 could potentially hold up? Shifting would likely be sucky tho with anything remotely close to a short throw...

I think a manual ecotec would be fun in a little truck.

racer56

RDC Crypto
If it you are going to race it will not last, but if you are going to play you might have a chance. It has been tried recently by multiple people and has not lasted.

shifter

RDC Crypto
This is a 4 or 5-speed, Straight cut gear, Dog box with a built in quickchange. The box can be run as a H-pattern, Sequential or a Semi-automatic. We have adapted it to run as a 4wd, Millen,Greaves,Huseman,Barron. It uses a Torque converter or a clutch. There are 39 different gear ratios and just as many quick change ratios. None of the forward gears are direct drive so you can run a strong ring and pinion and get the ratio you need throught the combination of the forward gears and the quickchange.

pat W

Attachments

• IMG_9480.jpg
    IMG_9480.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 488

standfast

RDC Crypto
If it you are going to race it will not last, but if you are going to play you might have a chance. It has been tried recently by multiple people and has not lasted.

What about if the weight was cut way down to around 2800 race ready and was on 33 inch tires. Strong enough for that?

Shifter, that sure is a nice box there. I will call to get the skinny on it.

racer56

RDC Crypto
What about if the weight was cut way down to around 2800 race ready and was on 33 inch tires. Strong enough for that?

Shifter, that sure is a nice box there. I will call to get the skinny on it.

The two vehicle's that have tried it were both 2,800 lbs or less and with 33" tires. In the long run they will not take the punishment desert racing requires.

standfast

RDC Crypto
The two vehicle's that have tried it were both 2,800 lbs or less and with 33" tires. In the long run they will not take the punishment desert racing requires.

Good to know. I am curious if a built up to would be up to the task. What transmissions did you try?