Trophy Kart Elite in the dezert? What should I change?

rupert14

Reaction
I picked up this trophy kart elite.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...338579865&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEBDIX:IT

I changed the seat and I fit in it ok. We race UTV's in Whiplash and several of our races are short course at Firebird. Several others are fast races and the top speed of this should do well in the UTV class. Would you race it in the dezert and if so, what would you change? The payback in the pro class would be good for a change.

Bob

EliteTK

Reaction
The kart your looking at has leduc short coarse mods to the chassis. Its set up for man made tracks with low ground clearance. Call me at Trophykart and I can explain the differances between our stock elite desert setup and the mods they made to teir chassis. 714-399-3700

rupert14

Reaction
I am somewhat aware of the changes. I know the rear arms are much longer and the mounting points have been moved forward. I have a stock TK my son will race in whiplash and I am aware that the standard elite looks much like the stock TK except for the rear axle and four link setup. I don't have near as much travel out back but whiplash allows multiple shocks so I was either going to fab my own lower arms and run a spring carrier and triple bypass or have Brett at King make me some adjustable shocks that allow for more travel than the current setup. I don't know if I should modify this chassis or leave it for my son to grow into. Since I got it so cheap, I kind of want to use it at a few races. I would never take it to Wickenburg because the course is so rough. I would like to race it at the four races held at Firebird and possably the Snowflake race because it is mostly forest service roads and top speed is the name of the game there. I tried to call but did not get an answer. I will call again and thanks for the help.

Bob