Trophy Lite

FW.Productions

Reaction
Josh and I took the TL around the neighborhood last night for a little bit. Its impounded at the CHP's office right now as we speak. But the good news is, the cops said they want one!

whats this? cops exist in blossom valley? :p

deleted

----
Reaction
The TrophyLite looked great up at the EXPO. Can't wait to see 50 of those things out there someday. I heard you took the TL on a dezert run, is there footage up somewhere? Keep us posted! Thanks.

sorry for not having the vid up yet. we were having some technical difficulties.. it should be up tomorrow, i will post a link the minute it gets done.

BigWhitey

Reaction
Matt,

How well will a 6'6" guy fit in these things...I know this question has been asked, but I'm still not clear on the answer...am I out of luck?

Hardway

Reaction
ya i have already ordered a desert one but my only concern is the lower arms not being boxed, the room for us fat people, and the body but thats last other than that i think matts got it all handled...

deleted

----
Reaction
Alright Dirt Turkeys, you wanted to see desert video here you go:

www.trophylite.com

Big thanks to everybody for the help.

Todd Tenbroek- FOX Shox- Best Shocks in desert racing
Jeff Yoder- RCD- Thanks for the great advice
TrophyLite/SMD Crew- Thanks for keeping us all going
Ryan- High/Low- SELL MORE CARS!!!!
Josh Caster- Thanks for the help, your car will be done soon..

I will challenge the Mason guys to race. Me vs them. Plaster City, video cameras will be rolling.

michael_loomis

Reaction
Alright Dirt Turkeys, you wanted to see desert video here you go:

www.trophylite.com

Big thanks to everybody for the help.

Todd Tenbroek- FOX Shox- Best Shocks in desert racing
Jeff Yoder- RCD- Thanks for the great advice
TrophyLite/SMD Crew- Thanks for keeping us all going
Ryan- High/Low- SELL MORE CARS!!!!
Josh Caster- Thanks for the help, your car will be done soon..

I will challenge the Mason guys to race. Me vs them. Plaster City, video cameras will be rolling.

Lookin REALLY good Matt!!

"Me vs them" you should specify TL and not in your TT haha :p

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
there you go!!

very nice, starting to look cheap at 40K

OldGreen

Reaction
Re: there you go!!

Wow. . .I'm excited.

JustinM

Reaction
These things are awesome, $40k isn't bad, they handle great, and maintenance doesn't even compare to most other classes. all the parts are easy to find and most can be ordered right off the internet.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
Did I miss something - when did the price slip up to 40K?

Correct me if I'm wrong......35k shorty
39k dez

35k or 40k same thing If 5g's makes or breaks ya....take up needle point ...cause this sport is not for you.

40k with a tank of gas and a helmet just to drive it around the block when you get it home..

KevinC

Reaction
Correct me if I'm wrong......35k shorty
39k dez

35k or 40k same thing If 5g's makes or breaks ya....take up needle point ...cause this sport is not for you.

40k with a tank of gas and a helmet just to drive it around the block when you get it home..

Hey Sandless the rest of us dont care about what you do with your needle point while your stuck inside because you haven't seen the sun in 200 days. Take your 5G's and shove it up your A**.

I remember when it started at 30K went to 35K - no problem. I still don't have a problem if it goes to 40K. Just simply asked if I missed something.

TCPRacing

Reaction
Wow...Thats the first video that doesn't make that thing look like a big toy. That looks really impressive in the desert. It looks like it will be much better in desert than it will in short course.

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Looks good guys,seems to handle great,looks to have some bumpsteer though,especially noticeable in slow mo,also i notice the camber is adjustable but what about the caster ,since the upper arms are bushing mounted it doesn't leave much room for adjustment,not critisising just wondering

jamminjeff10

Reaction
Maybe to answer a few questions, maybe not????

First I want to thank Matt for allowing me to work with his group. The desert test day was very fun. And I had a blast driving this thing.

1. I am 5' 11" - 230lbs - I fit fine in the trophy lite as a driver. During testing these machines we learn alot, and refine alot, ultimately giving the consumer a better vehicle, to fit more people. Pedal positions were pretty good, and there is alot of room to adjust postioning, I think 6' 2" would be no problem, over 6' 6" will probably be some issues, although nothing is completely set yet.

2. Very little Bumpsteer. This truck was straight as an arrow through the whoops, and i mean at wide open. The geometry is very well thought out all the way around. Although the tires appear to move/ bump (they do a little) but very little is felt at the wheel and it does not seem to affect the handling. Caster adjustability is being tested as we speak.

3. Suspension - The suspension works great. Very soft, yet nimble. You dont feel a thing in the seat. Very comfortable. Fox did an awesome job on the shocks. 16" front / 18" rear is what the truck is currently running at. Bottoming resistance was very good, with no hydro bumps.

4. Cost - Costs do change, with testing comes revisions and improvements. I dont set or know final pricing, but this truck is every bit worth $40k. I understand as of now that the pricing is in that $35k - $40k and with better parts than originally tested. Also, you should consider that you will more than likely be spending more than this if you are going to run both desert and short course set ups along with some sort of spares package, epecially for desert chase situations (spare spindles, a-arms, shocks, tires, wheels, steering, etc.)

All I can say is that this is a very fun vehicle, even for larger driver / Passengers(keeping momentum). I could drive around the desert all day in this thing. Very good set up for Father / Son, Husband / wife, Brothers / Sisters, everyone. Anybody that can drive a car can drive this truck (some faster than others obviously)!

Thanks again Matt!!!!!!!!!!!