"Trophy Quads" / "Hybrids" compilation inside

trentk

Reaction
That YFZ is lacking big wheel travel #s. Mine has 17" of wheel travel all with a stock frame, Fox 2.0x8.5" shocks 2.5 wider and 1" forward arms and doesn't look like a beast. I'll try to post some pics...

check the link I posted, my page has info and pics of your YFZ but I'd love to see more pics and more info and contact info on who can build me one!

:)

BajaTrux

Reaction
The suspension was a one off deal from a friend and I'm not sure if he is going to do more. I really don't ride it as much as I should and haven't ridden it in about 5-6 months and I only use it in the dunes. I might tear it down and re-powdercoat everything next year. My computer @ home is acting up and I can't access my photobucket from work but I'll try to get more pictures up.

ACEwrench

Reaction
Our KTM has 14" of travel in the front and about 13" in the rear... does that make it a trophy quad?? haha

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
That YFZ is lacking big wheel travel #s. Mine has 17" of wheel travel all with a stock frame, Fox 2.0x8.5" shocks 2.5 wider and 1" forward arms and doesn't look like a beast. I'll try to post some pics...

What shocks and A-arms are you using?? That seems like a lot of travel. I'd love to do a similar setup on my YFZ

trentk

Reaction
Our KTM has 14" of travel in the front and about 13" in the rear... does that make it a trophy quad?? haha

sounds awesome, tell us more.

Colorado check the link I posted you can see the custom spindles, a-arms and giant shocks that bajatrux is using.

ACEwrench

Reaction
sounds awesome, tell us more.

The frame is stock. The a-arms are Laegers Pro Trax (which to my knowledge is only set made for a KTM, but i could be wrong). The front and rear shocks are EXIT, the rear having an internal bypass. the swing arm is stock. The pics are a little old as the quad in the pic is a 525, we ran a 505 last season

Attachments

• dads camera 011.jpg
    dads camera 011.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 233
  • dads camera 012.jpg
    dads camera 012.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 204

ADTR14

Reaction
The frame is stock. The a-arms are Laegers Pro Trax (which to my knowledge is only set made for a KTM, but i could be wrong). The front and rear shocks are EXIT, the rear having an internal bypass. the swing arm is stock. The pics are a little old as the quad in the pic is a 525, we ran a 505 last season

Switched to the SX? Why?

trentk

Reaction
Well thanks to this thread and the big race dezert community I got the chance to ride the X Travel 450 quad this past weekend. We are racing it in Parker this weekend. It handles well and it eats up the big stuff. I was suprised by how well it corners with all that wheel travel.
We are using my nearly stock 450 engine so it is down on horsepower but it is still a blast to ride. Should be even better after the final alignment is done.

I will have better photos and a full writeup on my website soon.

Attachments

• downsized_1231101442.jpg
    downsized_1231101442.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 224
  • downsized_1231101444.jpg
    downsized_1231101444.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 197

calds650

Reaction
Well thanks to this thread and the big race dezert community I got the chance to ride the X Travel 450 quad this past weekend. We are racing it in Parker this weekend. It handles well and it eats up the big stuff. I was suprised by how well it corners with all that wheel travel.
We are using my nearly stock 450 engine so it is down on horsepower but it is still a blast to ride. Should be even better after the final alignment is done.

I will have better photos and a full writeup on my website soon.

stick a 650 in it no more power problem\m/

trentk

Reaction
the owner of x travel has a 650 based frame but it isn't ready yet. I'd love to check it out though...45 wheel hp is not nearly enough for this chassis. :) I think a 160hp gixxer 750 motor would be best. lmfao.

ACEwrench

Reaction
Switched to the SX? Why?

We had some crank problems with the 525 motors...we ended up getting a 505 pretty cheap from our dealer and our rider liked the top end power it made.