Trophy Truck Crash

Reaction
I think that is at the old course that the united prerunners had in Rialto, CA before it got shut down

Jangaard

Reaction
Yes I happened to be there. It was in the jump off contest. I believe this was the guy that won the event a year earlier and he was going for two years in a row.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Supposedly it was borrowed from the owner, he was testing it out before he bought it was what I heard. It was an old short course truck.

BajaFand

Reaction
That is Jason Taylor's old SODA Pro-2 type truck. Two years before that Jason took it out and won the jump contest in that truck truck. The next year after that Jason's brother Kyle Taylor took his trophy truck out and won the jump contest and set a record of 142'. Not long before this video Jason sold the truck to the guy who was driving it in that video. I know the Taylor's were supposed to fix the truck for him after that crash but I'm pretty sure they never did and I'm not sure if the truck ever got fixed at all.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
That is Jason Taylor's old SODA Pro-2 type truck. Two years before that Jason took it out and won the jump contest in that truck truck. The next year after that Jason's brother Kyle Taylor took his trophy truck out and won the jump contest and set a record of 142'. Not long before this video Jason sold the truck to the guy who was driving it in that video. I know the Taylor's were supposed to fix the truck for him after that crash but I'm pretty sure they never did and I'm not sure if the truck ever got fixed at all.

See this is why I love RDC Because you can learn cool random facts like that. ^

JPhillips

Reaction
At least he landed wheels down

SROWE

Reaction
The truck is owned by a friend of mine chad,after the crash a builder was going to rebuild it for him and made a complete mess of it.It is sitting out back at taylors making rust.I was in the truck with my other buddy in newham's red ranger off the jump but it was way to soft ,that little truck for what it was it shure took a hell of a beatin.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
I remember that and if I rememeber right they had to bring the water truck over to put out the fire because they only had a few fire extinguishers.

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
Reaction
I remember that and if I rememeber right they had to bring the water truck over to put out the fire because they only had a few fire extinguishers.

My self & another guy ( don't know his name ) pulled the driver from the cab, you sure could feel the heat....
It had a electric fuel pump that would not shut off, every fire bottle ( 'bout 20 ) was emptied.... it even took a LOT of water too get it out...
once out, the fuel pump was still going.....

Cali_F350_XLT

Reaction
I was filming on the track, right next to the base of the jump. Let me tell ya, when he dug in, and starting cartwheeling, the ground shook over and over. As soon as he stopped, put my camera down, and started running over. Then the fire started. Everyone reevaluated for a second, and out came the fire extinguishers.

He was out of that thing in record time. I still should have my video somewhere.

-Markus-

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Here is the video from 2003 when it set the record. You can see the truck almost did the same thing this year.

Last edited by a moderator: