Trophy Truck Gear Indicator

johndjmix

Reaction
As new to racing a truck (raced ATV's for over 20 years), im having a bit of trouble remembering what gear im in.

At B1k contingency i noticed a lot of TT's have a gear indicator, a billet aluminum box with a large, about 2" number.

Anyone know who makes these and how they connect to the trans? Need one for a T350 (Trophylite).

--John

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Its called a revlimiter apply liberal amounts of foreward angle of peddle on right untill yellow light illuminates on dash, ignore light followed thereafter a popping sound or feeling of deceleration will occur then shift to a higher gear usually pulling backwards on shifter knob, if that amplifes problem push shifter forward untill high gear is obtained if you run out of selection of shifter positions before desired speed is obtained change gear ratio in rear differential to a numerically lower number (see differential chapter)

Last edited:

redmist

Reaction
John, the indicator can either be calculated from wheel speed or via a potentiometer on a sequential box. I'm not familiar with autos so I don't know if they can have a gear display.
The calculated display is a little slow to respond and can sometimes get "confused" if there is a mismatch between wheel speed and RPM. It'll flick between gears when there has been no selection.
The potentiometers are a simple rotary pot that measures different resistance based on the position of the sequential drum (gear selected) then the ECU, datalogger, or gear display simply translates this resistance to the gear and displays it.

43mod

Reaction
ha ha ha shift hehe shift . Get the truck put back together and screw the indicator. He hehe shift